• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Noob Forum

1,015 posts in this topic

JC is the antithesis to this idea of communities "graduating" and the hilarious part is that all these guys kvetching and posting whambulance photos are the biggest cry-babies on the forum whenever JC steamrolls through. lol

I know that's not pointed at me. :taptaptap:

hm

Sometimes I think that people want some kind of kumbaya utopia where everyone says please and thank you and by your leave.

If we haven't yet been able to make that happen in real life then who's loony enough to think that we can make it happen on an internet message board?

How would you keep the new people in the "noob forum"? I love new people! I'm pro new people! :luhv:

As my multi-point plan documented: you simply RECOMMEND to the new member that FOR HIS/HER OWN SAFETY he/she posts at first only in the new member forum. If he/she dares to post outside that forum before he/she is 6 months in...have at the dumb bazdard

Sometimes I think that people want some kind of kumbaya utopia where everyone says please and thank you and by your leave.

If we haven't yet been able to make that happen in real life then who's loony enough to think that we can make it happen on an internet message board?

I've seen it in person and I miss it. Just because we can't do it in the USA doesn't mean it's not possible. :(

Jeffro - they're called "manners" and lots of people OUT THERE have them. Try them sometimes...

How would you keep the new people in the "noob forum"? I love new people! I'm pro new people! :luhv:

As my multi-point plan documented: you simply RECOMMEND to the new member that FOR HIS/HER OWN SAFETY he/she posts at first only in the new member forum. If he/she dares to post outside that forum before he/she is 6 months in...have at the dumb bazdard

Where is all this hostility coming from? I don't even think we hazed you at all. hm

Are you getting enough love at home, is there anything I could do to help?

Where is all this hostility coming from? I don't even think we hazed you at all. hm

Answers to questions:

1. The massive snark always gets to me, but sometimes it builds up

2. Yes

3. Be a tad (just a tad - baby steps) nicer

Are you offering to give him love if he's not getting enough at home? :blush:

Answers to questions:

1. The massive snark always gets to me, but sometimes it builds up

2. Yes

3. Be a tad (just a tad - baby steps) nicer

Ya know you FDQ exit at anytime. No one is making you stay........just say'n :insane:

Jeffro - they're called "manners" and lots of people OUT THERE have them. Try them sometimes...

lol I'm going to exercise some right now and refrain from responding as I would like to.

hm I can call someone to help,bro's always help bro's.Part of the bro code. (thumbs u

lol I'm going to exercise some right now and refrain from responding as I would like to.

lol

hm I can call someone to help,bro's always help bro's.Part of the bro code. (thumbs u

I could've used more friends like you when I was single :)

I could've used more friends like you when I was single :)

:foryou:

How about we just be civil to one another and try to remember what it was like to be new ?

I like this.

+1

Maybe some more faqs stickied. Good examples would be:

My cgc case isn't sealed has it been tampered with?

How much is my book worth?

Discouraging What I collect is good what you collect is bad threads.

Suggestions on how to find past threads on bad eBay sellers. I.e robo and that spoon with the nm hulk 181s.

:cry: