• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Noob Forum

1,015 posts in this topic

Arch/Mods - I propose a forum specifically for new members. I think that as soon as a new member signs up, he/she gets a message saying it is recommended that new members post only in the New Member forum (say, for 6 months).

You see, we go through this caustic cycle ad infinitum: new member commits the heinous crime of asking a question that has been asked before, older members pounce on him/her for their unconscionable laziness and startling idiocy, new member - shocked and aghast at being attacked for (GASP!) asking for help - swings back at the blood-thirsty gang that is seeking revenge for unsettled injuries inflicted long ago, the mob sets on the new member like vultures at a carcass. Repeat.

So...can we start a New Member forum area? It would help. I know it would.

You see, we go through this caustic cycle ad infinitum: new member commits the heinous crime of asking a question that has been asked before, older members pounce on him/her for their unconscionable laziness and startling idiocy, new member - shocked and aghast at being attacked for (GASP!) asking for help - swings back at the blood-thirsty gang that is seeking revenge for unsettled injuries inflicted long ago, the mob sets on the new member like vultures at a carcass. Repeat.

I think we have a case of latent butthurt here, surfacing only after an unknown gestation period

Ok, who let the nOOb start a thread?

:)

Arch/Mods - I propose a forum specifically for new members. I think that as soon as a new member signs up, he/she gets a message saying it is recommended that new members post only in the New Member forum (say, for 6 months).

So...can we start a New Member forum area? It would help. I know it would.

Can we make Seanfingh moderator?

How about we just be civil to one another and try to remember what it was like to be new ?

I like this.

It's the way I try to treat noobs.

noobs rhymes with boobs, perhaps we could find a name for new people that rhymes with something more palatable hm

More palatable that boobs? OMG, does such a thing exist?