• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A (Hopefully) Good Suggestion

21 posts in this topic

Fun's done so...

The threads dealing with scans of our books - the Have a Cigars, the Pretty Book of the Days, the Infinite Bronze Age Horror etc etc.

I have a simple suggestion - from this point on - in all of these threads and any new ones that come along, how about editing the Subject and just plugging in the Issue and Number?

Now it may be we are starting late but a few months from now we can open those threads up (in Search - for example - search on House in BA and you may see a LOT of titles/isues listed in Infinite Bronze, etc.) and look at a beautiful list of issues and titles and go right to ones we may want to see!

I got this idea because I want to post more of my new acquisitions in the DC BA Horror thread and was going to go back and see if they already had been - well - I stopped THAT real quick!

Am gonna start doing this myself. Hope others think it is a good idea and do the same!

I thank you.

Now it may be we are starting late but a few months from now we can open those threads up and look at a beautiful list of issues and titles and go right to ones we may want to see!

Sounds good Pov. But how long are people leaving these scans up for?

Now it may be we are starting late but a few months from now we can open those threads up and look at a beautiful list of issues and titles and go right to ones we may want to see!

Sounds good Pov. But how long are people leaving these scans up for?

I leave mine up forever - except for my earlier ones where I switched servers. And I did some quick looks and a TON of old nd even forst images are there.

BUT - if there IS a pic no longer there, that may also induce someone to repost it.

Basically I see no negative to this at all. It only takes a few seconds to replace the subject with, for example, House Of Secrets 107.

Its a great idea, and a good way of cataloging all the scans that are up on the boards. cloud9.gif

POV, sounds like a great idea! I was doing this for a while but stopped because I thought I was being redundant, typing the title and issue and then being able to see the same info on the scan. But your reasoning makes good sense now.

Glad you brought that up, POV. I've made it a point to list Title and Issue number, as I like to use the search myself and it saves a lot of time if it's plugged in. thumbsup2.gif Everyone might also want to give this thread a high rating so others will view it too. I just gave it 5 stars.

BOC decided to [!@#%^&^] all over this. Fine. Enough people have read it. Do what you want. I will continue doing it. Makes the searches nicer. Whatever.

Congrats BOC - not sure what you won but hope you enjoy it.

And the good suggestion was what? confused.gif

BOC decided to [!@#%^&^] all over this. Fine. Enough people have read it. Do what you want. I will continue doing it. Makes the searches nicer. Whatever.

Exactly... insane.gif

Exactly... insane.gif

I don't even see a post by BOC in this thread. popcorn.gif

And the good suggestion was what?

OK, I think I've been able to piece this together. In the Bronze Horror Thread, POV had an idea. Since they're posting scans of individual comic books, why not change the title to each post to the comic book being scanned. That way, people can search looking for a specific title and number, and there should be the scan. Also, if they were looking for a scan, and the scan was obsolete, then someone could post again with a new picture.

I'm not quite sure what followed, or why BOC thinks this is a bad idea. Their mini flame war is in the Bronze Horror Thread.

What are we up to? confused.gif

Originally POV suggested that, in the future and on going, as we are posting scans that we include the Title of the book and the issue number, making searches for particular issues easier. Sound good to you?

And the good suggestion was what?

OK, I think I've been able to piece this together. In the Bronze Horror Thread, POV had an idea. Since they're posting scans of individual comic books, why not change the title to each post to the comic book being scanned. That way, people can search looking for a specific title and number, and there should be the scan. Also, if they were looking for a scan, and the scan was obsolete, then someone could post again with a new picture.

I'm not quite sure what followed, or why BOC thinks this is a bad idea. Their mini flame war is in the Bronze Horror Thread.

893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif

Ahhh well - I was hoping to prolong this until tomorrow but I am actually astonished at how many people were wondering so will just repost my saved original thread.

This is my idea - and honestly? I don;t care what BOC thinks about it. I just wanted to play for a while! 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

+++++++++++++++++++

The threads dealing with scans of our books - the Have a Cigars, the Pretty Book of the Days, the Infinite Bronze Age Horror etc etc.

I have a simple suggestion - from this point on - in all of these threads and any new ones that come along, how about editing the Subject and just plugging in the Issue and Number?

Now it may be we are starting late but a few months from now we can open those threads up (in Search - for example - search on House in BA and you may see a LOT of titles/isues listed in Infinite Bronze, etc.) and look at a beautiful list of issues and titles and go right to ones we may want to see!

I got this idea because I want to post more of my new acquisitions in the DC BA Horror thread and was going to go back and see if they already had been - well - I stopped THAT real quick!

Am gonna start doing this myself. Hope others think it is a good idea and do the same!

I thank you.

Oh yeah - I DID add the Search bit - most folks did get it but thought it would make things clearer.

I thank you again!

hi.gif BOC!!!!!!! 27_laughing.gif

And folks say we all don't get along!

Fuelman-Man. Fuelman-Man.

Does whatever a Fuelman can! Is he strong? Listen bud.

He's got High-Octane blood. Look out! Here comes the Fuelman-Man!

confused-smiley-013.gif Just doesn't work as well as a thyme song for me! 27_laughing.gif