• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Figuring out pricing fees.

8 posts in this topic

I am getting ready to send some book off to CGC for grading, but honestly the pricing structure here CGC Pricing confuses me a little.

The books I am submitting and the MAX grade I belive they could get are as follows:

Avengers #1 (Vol. 1) -- 4.0 max grade

Avengers #4 (Vol. 1) -- 5.5 max grade

Iron Man #1 (Vol. 1) -- 8.0 max grade

Assuming they all hit max grade what is the ballpark I would be paying for the grading services (not counting shipping/insurance)?

Thanks in advance for any help.

See that is the thing that is confusing me. I'd would in general like them back in a month's time (so roughly 20 business days), which according to the price chart is "Economy Fast Track" which would be $45 per book. However with the $300 limit that excludes all three of the books.

So that then moves me up to the next tier of "Standard" which is 15 business days at a fee of $60 per book. Depending on how they grade it is concivable I get bumped out of that tier to the "Express" tier which is $95 per book.

See that is what is confusing me, all the tiers and the maximum value of the book that can fall under that tier (also is the value based on the raw value of the book or the slabbed value?).

See that is the thing that is confusing me. I'd would in general like them back in a month's time (so roughly 20 business days), which according to the price chart is "Economy Fast Track" which would be $45 per book. However with the $300 limit that excludes all three of the books.

So that then moves me up to the next tier of "Standard" which is 15 business days at a fee of $60 per book. Depending on how they grade it is concivable I get bumped out of that tier to the "Express" tier which is $95 per book.

See that is what is confusing me, all the tiers and the maximum value of the book that can fall under that tier (also is the value based on the raw value of the book or the slabbed value?).

It is based on the raw value. Cgc is pretty lenient on this as well. The real question is how much do you want to insure the book for.

Lets say you submit a book worth $500 under the economy tier. It is doubtful cgc will bump the tier up. But if cgc or the mail(on its way ack to you) loses or damages the book, $300 will be the max payout.