• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Value of Strange Tales 110

50 posts in this topic

There is talk of a movie, but I wouldn't go so far as to say "impending release". Everything I've heard about the project is very vague.

Yes, I stand corrected. Movie's release is not impending. Only confirmed to be in development. At any rate, who would consider a 2015 release to be impending? :tonofbricks:

The price of this book has been climbing steadily in recent months, so my question is: Has this book just been undervalued for years and is just now getting its due? Or is it overvalued/overpriced now because of an impending movie release?

....it suffers from an unpopular cover and a character that never quite made the A-list....despite some excellant arcs and art. A robust Del Toro treatment would radically change that......folks are speculating, but the book in my opinion has been overlooked by the investor crowd....until recently. I wish I had Bomber's 8.0.....that's a beautiful tightly graded copy and an excellant investment at that grade and up.....IMHO......GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

The price of this book has been climbing steadily in recent months, so my question is: Has this book just been undervalued for years and is just now getting its due? Or is it overvalued/overpriced now because of an impending movie release?

....it suffers from an unpopular cover and a character that never quite made the A-list....despite some excellant arcs and art. A robust Del Toro treatment would radically change that......folks are speculating, but the book in my opinion has been overlooked by the investor crowd....until recently. I wish I had Bomber's 8.0.....that's a beautiful tightly graded copy and an excellant investment at that grade and up.....IMHO......GOD BLESS...

It's a tough book in HG as well with all the dark colors...agree with your general take Jim...gotta upgrade my VG+ one of these days to a FN/FN+ :wishluck:

It's a tough book in HG as well with all the dark colors...agree with your general take Jim...gotta upgrade my VG+ one of these days to a FN/FN+ :wishluck:

......the Occult is growing in popularity in popular culture.....it's almost a "can't miss" as a cinema property.....especially with the right crew on board....GOD BLESS...

......the Occult is growing in popularity in popular culture.....it's almost a "can't miss" as a cinema property.....especially with the right crew on board....GOD BLESS...

Del Toro would hit it out of the park. Just look at the Hellboy movies and Pan's Labyrinth. Nobody could do a better Dr. Strange movie than him, IMHO.

Del Toro would hit it out of the park. Just look at the Hellboy movies and Pan's Labyrinth. Nobody could do a better Dr. Strange movie than him, IMHO.

+ 5million!

At the rate that other mega keys have risen at in recent years, some people believe that relatively speaking ST #110 has fallen behind and needs to catch up.

I think it has always been a book that had a lot of growth potential. I got a stone cold deal on a very nice white paged 9.0

It was offered to a dealer first. The dealer said he would think it over. He thought, I bought. He came back to get the book. The dealer selling the book pointed to me and said ask him. He bought the book 1 minute after you left. He was a bit miffed. Oh well, to bad for him.

hm I'm not sure whether to settle on a vg/vg+ right now or pay more for an FN. I just feel like I'd be overpaying to get a FNish copy right now... Not sure an FN is worth the $1000 plus that it's selling for right now... Thing is there just aren't too many copies out there right now. Thoughts?

hm I'm not sure whether to settle on a vg/vg+ right now or pay more for an FN. I just feel like I'd be overpaying to get a FNish copy right now... Not sure an FN is worth the $1000 plus that it's selling for right now... Thing is there just aren't too many copies out there right now. Thoughts?

.....shop around for a premium example in 6.5 .....keep saving while you're looking.....you may end up with even more. There's lots of midgrades.....GOD BLESS...

The whole ST early hero run has been a laggard over the years. If DS was actually on the cover of 110 it would have risen in price long ago. Kind of like Superboy not being on the cover of MF 101.

As for the future, of course no one really knows. But if a DS movie were released and were a hit, it's hard to believe the book wouldn't get a major boost.

about 5 years ago i completed a run of 110-168. grade wise its probably the best run i have with no issue below 7.0 and most being very nice. I had been thinking recently if i sold off all my books i would make sure to keep that run in the chance the good doctor becomes a hit and the prices surge.

about 5 years ago i completed a run of 110-168. grade wise its probably the best run i have with no issue below 7.0 and most being very nice. I had been thinking recently if i sold off all my books i would make sure to keep that run in the chance the good doctor becomes a hit and the prices surge.

ST-110-8524.jpg

Scan50077.jpg

Scan50074.jpg

st165.jpg

st118.jpg

st123.jpg

Nice books Dave! That 110's a stunner! :cloud9:

I've got the 101-146 run all raw with several mid-to-high-grade CGC slabs cracked out...average grade of my run is FN+...I upgrade the books one at a time when the deals are right...