• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I used to like sardines

68 posts in this topic

I use them as a snack in-between meals. Protein and omega-3. :cloud9:

+1

They are great in between meals, especially if you're working out hard. Breaks up the bloating of those 40gm protien shakes before lunch.

They're also delicious. I never understood the stigma.

...some folks can't get past the guts and bones....yet they'll eat a hot dog (shrug) GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Parts is Parts.

:cloud9: Chili dogs.

Ah Radjack - having been lucky enough to travel to your country, one of my favorite memories was a Tapas bar with Grilled sardines,Pickled Whitebait,Garlic Potatoes,devilled eggs and crusty bread etc etc

With large glasses of beautiful wines.

All overlooking the Med,as beautiful ladies walked by.

Terrific day....

the med Andy, from Portugal ?? :popcorn:

Yeah - the bottom part of Portugal is on the Med isn't it.

Or is Faro looking out on the Atlantic?

I though it was still the Med or does that stop at Gibralta - ish?

Actually - Im going to be serious here - getting off the 'beaten track' in Portugal,Spain and France can lead you to the most wonderful small unspoilt villages.

Where rural,native activities are still practised as a culture not for $.

I remember going to a village in Spain with the missus, the local Taverna was packed,genuine Flamenco for love of the music (no costumes) great food,barrels of Wine,Sherries,Ports and Madeira that were 20 ft tall,and all drinks poured from the oaky barrels direct to the glass.

Local prices and genuine warmth that visitors actually gave a damn to try to find the 'real' Spain.

Fantastic memories. :cloud9:

Um, guys, I'm not even Portuguese and I know that fresh sardines on the grill are some of the greatest meals known to man.

And no it's not hard to grill thos itty bitty fishes...the ones you grill are quite big actually :)

:hi:

Sardines are one of my favorite foods! I understand canned sardines in America aren't that great, is that right?

Canned sardines are to fresh what Spam is to pork tenderloin. Fresh sardines, like fresh anchovies, have a delicate, sweet flavor. The canned stuff is not quite the same.

Um, guys, I'm not even Portuguese and I know that fresh sardines on the grill are some of the greatest meals known to man.

And no it's not hard to grill thos itty bitty fishes...the ones you grill are quite big actually :)

:hi:

Sardines are one of my favorite foods! I understand canned sardines in America aren't that great, is that right?

Canned sardines are to fresh what Spam is to pork tenderloin. Fresh sardines, like fresh anchovies, have a delicate, sweet flavor. The canned stuff is not quite the same.

Correct.

Has Beefsteak Rye been pulled or out of business. None of the stores by me carry it anymore?

I fear it may have been, haven't seen it in years. Damn good bread. I'll have to keep an eye out now to see if it turns up.

Has Beefsteak Rye been pulled or out of business. None of the stores by me carry it anymore?

I fear it may have been, haven't seen it in years. Damn good bread. I'll have to keep an eye out now to see if it turns up.

We still have it in our area. It is a thinner, softer rye.

I use them as a snack in-between meals. Protein and omega-3. :cloud9:

+1

They are great in between meals, especially if you're working out hard. Breaks up the bloating of those 40gm protien shakes before lunch.

They're also delicious. I never understood the stigma.

...some folks can't get past the guts and bones....yet they'll eat a hot dog (shrug) GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I buy the skinless and boneless usually. In olive oil, yummy.

(thumbs u

It was in our local stores up until about a month ago. I asked one of the people stocking the shelves the other day and he said he hasn't seen it in awhile.

Lot's of other people asking about it too. I don't eat tons of bread due to the starch but I did like it with a can of sardines dumped on a few slices. :acclaim:

It was in our local stores up until about a month ago. I asked one of the people stocking the shelves the other day and he said he hasn't seen it in awhile.

Lot's of other people asking about it too. I don't eat tons of bread due to the starch but I did like it with a can of sardines dumped on a few slices. :acclaim:

Beefsteak Rye was made by Hostess. :cry: It's been missing since they went belly up.

Nothing like a sardine sandwich and an Ice-cold beer. :cloud9:

I would projectile vomit that across the room. :eek:

I know, who would ruin a sardine sandwich with ice-cold beer, right? :screwy:

Beefsteak Rye was made by Hostess. :cry: It's been missing since they went belly up.

I hope someone else starts making it again. There's a few other beefsteak breads but they just don't taste like Beefsteak Rye.

Now that I know what happened, I may start protesting in front of the store later today. :banana:

I only eat the two layer kind - least amount of guts and crunchy bones, and the best flavor.

51r9QCaoNKL._AA160_.jpg

51TqYUU8kWL._SX300_AA300_PIbundle-12,TopRight,0,0_AA300_SH20_.jpg