• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DCs and Bronze Market: The Greggy Report

95 posts in this topic

I agree that that Tomahawk cover is not the best of the Adams run.

But - - I checked my copoies and doggonnit! Ive got all the rest in pretty nice shape EXCEPT 116! I never realized I didnt have it AND that it was so hard to fine...

I got all my Oaklands from Vinnie when the collection first surfaced, at which time I put together a 95% complete high-grade run of just about all the Adams DC covers, and long runs of many of the late 60's/early 70's DC titles (All Star, Batman, B&B, CoTU, Detective, HoM, HoS, and on and on). I sold the majority of that collection a few years back when I bought a new house, but fortunately I kept all the early Bronze Horror books! grin.gif

Ripper's position is that all the Adams/Kaluta/Wrightson/etc., covers are in demand and this is true, but some are in higher demand than others based exclusively on the cover image - OS doesn't call out Batman 227 and WW 199 for nuttin'! In my experience buying and selling high grade copies of all these books, there aren't many that stand out above the others, but maybe that's changing now that these books are going for $$. Aman doesn't think 116 is his best Tomahawk cover, I personally don't consider HoM 190 one of his better covers from that title, etc..

Anyhow, here's a scan of the Oakland Tomahawk!!

tom127.jpg

893applaud-thumb.gifThats one of my favorite

Personally, I like the 121 you posted, the one where he's staked down in the desert at sunset (119?), and of course the 116. I do have a decent copy of 124(? - the blue/grey cover where he's in hand-to-hand combat with an Indian in the water) that will soon be available for sale/trade...

Do you have a HG 123? Thats another good one. (Being torn by horses)

I think I posted this before but here's the 9.6 Boston copy of Tomahawk 117.

At the time they said they had around 112 to 123 all ranging from 9.0 to 9.6 but no 116. I tried to get as many of the Adams as I could but all I got was the 117. At least I got 1 of em. 567300-tomhawk117.jpg

567300-tomhawk117.jpg.5af33eb088d609cc59fd9466b4e054d1.jpg

Do you have a HG 123? Thats another good one. (Being torn by horses)

I think I posted this before but here's the 9.6 Boston copy of Tomahawk 117.

At the time they said they had around 112 to 123 all ranging from 9.0 to 9.6 but no 116. I tried to get as many of the Adams as I could but all I got was the 117. At least I got 1 of em. 567300-tomhawk.jpg

Weak! frown.gif

Here's the 118

Very nice...however, I believe I was the underbidder on that auction. mad.gif

The 1st time I put the run together the only issues I was never able to pull in in high grade were the 117 and 118, so you're off to a great start! thumbsup2.gif

I passed on the 117 Boston as I already had a 9.0 I was happy with, and I felt that $75 was too steep for an upgrade. I did manage to pick up the Boston Copies of # 119, 120, 121.Here's the Boston 119:

Image Hosting by Vendio

Click to view supersized image

Smart Services for Smart Sellers

Reliable image hosting provided by Vendio. Unlimited images for $12.95.

Here's the Boston 120, not an Adams cover, but nonetheless a masterpiece by Nick Cardy, IMHO:

Image Hosting by Vendio

And here is the Oakland Copy of # 123:

Image Hosting by Vendio