• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC artist Tyler Kirkham needs help funding a personal childrens book!!!

21 posts in this topic

Hey guys, my friend and DC artist Tyler Kirkham is about half way to his goal for a very personal kickstarter and needs your help! I know there are a lot of kickstarters out there but this is the only one I have ever bothered funding let alone spread the word about.

Please check out the link and watch the video with Tyler and Jill. The kick-starter is for a children's book about a couple that is unable to have a baby, it is very personal and hits close to home for couple. Please watch the video and consider helping with this one, Tyler is going out of his way to offer some great items if this gets funded. If anyone can help and spread the word it would be much appreciated!

I will up the ante a bit and throw in a slabbed SS book from my collection for anyone who pledges over $1,000 and a sketched SS slab for anyone who pledges over $5,000; it's not much but it's worth it if it helps them. I'll give you a choice of what I have to offer once this get's funded and no the books won't be . I will verify the pledges from anyone on the boards for taking me up on this offer.

Why don't they just apply for a personal loan? Or better yet, save their money like the rest of us? Try asking DC Comics for a raise?

There's something egalitarian about crowd-sourcing cool projects. If you think it's a waste, I get that, but some people connect with the work and are happy to chip in and get a little something back.

I've contributed to dozens of projects, from George Takei's musical, to Molly Crabapple's series of paintings on the economic meltdown.

Why don't they just apply for a personal loan? Or better yet, save their money like the rest of us? Try asking DC Comics for a raise?

Wow. :facepalm:

For starters, chances are they have already spent money to unsucessfully get pregnant. And there are no guarantees that when you take out a personal loan, or save whatever money that you can, or that your boss will give you a raise - that you actually get pregnant or are able to see the pregnancy come to term after you make the financial commitment. And, doctors don't issue refunds when you miscarry your pregnancy.

Some people don't have endless resources to tap into to pay for infertility options, and society is often oblivious or ignorant to the challenges or costs people face when they can't get knocked up on the first try.

And adopting isn't like buying a back issue comic book. You don't just buy one in your price range in a grade you can live with. It's complicated, emotional and costly. For some people, the only way to make a family is to buy one, and it's not cheap - and it goes way beyond taking "personal loans" or "saving up like the rest of you" or getting a $1 an hour raise.

This is Kevin's M.O.

He pops into threads, poops all over them and is then off in search of his next op for d-baggery.

same could be said about you, don't like what i say? Don't follow. If I have something to say, I will say it. I'm not going to "play it safe" and try "not to upset anyone" because that's not who I am. You seem to be the one who it seems to bother, if that's the case. Then that's your own fault. You don't speak for everyone here on what I say is redeemed as you call it "Pooping all over someone's thread" It's a public forum. Take off your skirt and get your over it.

Wow. :facepalm:

For starters, chances are they have already spent money to unsucessfully get pregnant. And there are no guarantees that when you take out a personal loan, or save whatever money that you can, or that your boss will give you a raise - that you actually get pregnant or are able to see the pregnancy come to term after you make the financial commitment. And, doctors don't issue refunds when you miscarry your pregnancy.

Some people don't have endless resources to tap into to pay for infertility options, and society is often oblivious or ignorant to the challenges or costs people face when they can't get knocked up on the first try.

And adopting isn't like buying a back issue comic book. You don't just buy one in your price range in a grade you can live with. It's complicated, emotional and costly. For some people, the only way to make a family is to buy one, and it's not cheap - and it goes way beyond taking "personal loans" or "saving up like the rest of you" or getting a $1 an hour raise.

I'm not talking about Tyler trying to knock up his sold lady and being unsuccessful, I'm talking about Tyler wanting to find funds for his children's book and then looking for a hand out cause he can't afford it.

This is Kevin's M.O.

He pops into threads, poops all over them and is then off in search of his next op for d-baggery.

same could be said about you, don't like what i say? Don't follow. If I have something to say, I will say it. I'm not going to "play it safe" and try "not to upset anyone" because that's not who I am. You seem to be the one who it seems to bother, if that's the case. Then that's your own fault. You don't speak for everyone here on what I say is redeemed as you call it "Pooping all over someone's thread" It's a public forum. Take off your skirt and get your over it.

:slapfight:

This is Kevin's M.O.

Shine on you crazy diamond. Keep d-bagging up the forums. (thumbs u

I'm not talking about Tyler trying to knock up his sold lady and being unsuccessful, I'm talking about Tyler wanting to find funds for his children's book and then looking for a hand out cause he can't afford it.

That may be true, he doesn't specify - I assumed the funding he's requesting for his book is an investment on the title to get picked up for distribution and generate revenues that will allow him to adopt (you're not adopting a child for $11k), and/or pay for the money he's spent on infertility things. It's easy to go into debt on that, because insurance may not cover infertility, or if they do, the co-pay is low. It's not a hand out. He's working towards a means to an end - which is more than I can say for lots of people. But, I'm just guessing at this point - it's a private matter that he probably doesn't want to clarify on.