• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CBT

147 posts in this topic

I understand what you're saying. You already know I have a graded 9.8 key set. I have another 5 raw sets, so thats 6 sets total. I'd rather take that effort and little cash that I would use on a reprint to buy a flip book to reach my goal.

I started collecting in the mid 80's . Second printings were almost never worth anything and were considered reader copies. No value besides that. They still hold that stigma for me, especially if its the same cover, slightly tweaked.

(thumbs u

There is another book that I would love to get every issue in 9.8 is Faust. I remember collecting that book as a kid in high school. Ultra Ultra graphic and that will be HARD as hell to get all 1st prints and respectable grades. I still have them in my basement as reader copies.

It was a intense book. I would not feel comfortable letting my kids read that book. Mile High Comics has all the 1st prints in stock. I would have to buy all of them and press them to get a decent grade.

I think PP still has a little room to grow. Its 25 issues and when its close to over then I will sell. UNLESS, he comes back in anothe series.

No I am not buying them to flip. I really like Valiant. I should have said I collect them too. I have every issue that they have put out so far. The new Valiant has some quality stuff. The old legacy stuff can be had for pennies on the dollar. Those back issue boxes have gems in them man. I would hold onto those for as long as possible. There is a following for Valiant. The only books that anyone would have a hard time getting is Archer & Armstrong 0 Gold, Eternal Warrior 0 Gold, Bloodshot 0 error, Harbinger 1 9.8, Solar 10 9.8 and a few other. Those books are $500 and up and Bloodshot error might be close to $1K.

Another thing I might add about Valiant. This is the 3rd company to have a shared universe. Back in their day they almost bumped Marvel from the #2 spot. They were heavily sought after comics because they were different and rare as all hell and some unique characters. Boom fast forward Shooter's gone, sold to Acclaim, hit video games, comics sucked (except the new Shadowman) IMO. Fast forward again, Marvel is still sucking but popular, DC's still sucks (outside of Batman) and they keep giving us the same recycled content for decades. People want a change. Image is chipping away, IDW has property, Dark Horse might fall flat on its after their cash cow is gone and Valiant is making a comeback. They have the same people that were at Marvel to help them turn into a media giant. I say all of this to say, if you can get the early books grab them. Its not different than picking up Action Comics 1, Detective Comics etc...These characters had to start somewhere. Get'em while you can.