• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM ASM's #23

14 posts in this topic

One of my extras that I'm thinking of selling and checking to see if they're worth sending to CGC first and if any pressing/cleaning would be worth doing.

Scanned using 300 dpi

My grade notes are at the bottom in a spoiler to assist.

Please give me your honest grade number as well as the primary reason for assigning that grade and any ID restoration if you spot any as I bought it second hand raw.

Book 1: ASM 23 Front

ASM23FC_zpsf1162b01.jpg

Back

ASM23BC_zpsb1e40a14.jpg

Grade Notes Spoiler

Personal grade was FN/VF, sold to me as VF- via heritage.

Spine: slight spine stress with 10 light spine creases up to 1/4" with slight spine crease up to 1/8"

Cover/edges:

-light foxing around edges

-1/4" light crease at BRFC corner

-light 3/4" crease at TRFC corner

-corners blunted

-black scuffing over mid FC and finger prints at TRFC area

-light foxing around BC edges with evident spots along BRBC edge

-1" non-color break crease at BLBC corner

Staples: staples clean and fully attached though cover and centerfold

Page Quality: off-white pages

Thanks all for the responses. In looking closer at the spots it does appear to be more from humidity or water stains. However, it looks like I missed the 1/16" tear at the mid LBC in my initial grading which, according to Overstreet grading, can't exist in grades higher than Fine- despite seeing such flaws in CGC slabs in 7.0 but I think that might have been 1 of only 3 flaws. So I'm inclined to agree with a 5.5 at best. The staples appear clean enough though dull and only the slightest hint of spotting. I'd leave them alone if it would violate blue label rules. I'd rather do nothing to it but if there's a minimally intrusive procedure that isn't considered restoration to CGC at full disclosure that can be done to improve the grade I'd like to know all my options. I'll probably go spend some time on the CGC rules and restoration threads to gather more intel.

I appreciate all the input. I'll be back with more photos requiring analysis.

HAGTATT

im a little surprised heritage sold this to you as a VF- i have had good luck with them in the past buying raw material and i think Borock probabaly does a lot of their in house grading. Nice book but that stain is fairly nasty and fairly large i have a hard time seeing it above 6.0 and i went 5.5 in my post above which i think is fair.

WOW... sold to you as 7.5?

Sorry, i was drinking when I uttered the wow comment... even if you really give it a best... i would say maybe 6.5, which obviously would be a grade lower. A solid Fine or so seems fair

Maybe a stretch to a 5.5. Corners are soft on the front cover with

creases on the lower corner.

Quite a few spine stress lines on the front cover. Looks like some possible stacking ink transfer to the side of Spidey's leg? Could be words showing through though from the inside cover. Hard for me to tell.

The back cover kills the book. Lots of dirt down the spine. The stain/water spots on the edge. I also see a finger-ink smear in the word dynaflex by the outside edge near the middle of the book.