• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Big Wow Comicfest May 18-19 San Jose

49 posts in this topic

Anyone know if Danny Miki is still going to be there? I'm finding conflicting information.

Really great show. I did much better this Sunday compared to last year Sunday so I think Stan was a net help. It also really goes a long way to putting this show on the map for the locals, so should help for years to come.

Probably saw at least a dozen board members--really great guys.

I had a great time there yesterday. Next year I'm going both days, in costume. I only got my Olsen #134 Sig Seriesed and got a few books signed raw, since I didn't want to waste CGC fees on late bronze - modern non-rarities that might not have came back in 9.8 or better.

Thomas Jane is tiny in person. My girlfriend and I walked past him a few times until someone pointed him out. The long hair he has now made him more unrecognizable.

Next time I'm bringing a cart with a stack of short boxes to fill and hitting the .50 and dollar bins thoroughly first. I found lots of good comics to fill the gaps in my collection. (lots of late 80's - early 90's, but hey, I'm a child of the drek era!)