• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Midtown Comics Shipping

7 posts in this topic

Hey everyone, I frequently buy comics from Midtown. It's never a huge quantity or anything like that. Probably 5 at a time, if that many. They always ship in those photo-mailer cardboard envelope things, and they are a pain to get open. The tape will never peel off, so I have to cut and tear the cardboard to get it out. Everytime I do, I expect to damage my comics. It hasn't happened yet, but it's just a matter of time.

If you order from Midtown, what do you think is the best way to open these packages? Thanks...

Sarcastic response: very carefully

Possibly helpful response: with a box cutter/x-acto knife again veeerrrry carefully. It's a very handy universal tool and cuts through red tape!

On a side note, I hate how some of their employees handle new issues by carelessly grabbing them across the spine adding a new spine bend in each copy.