• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Uber from Avatar

1,083 posts in this topic

That was awesome!

The story is starting with #1. #0 was just to introduce you to the Ubers. A lot of people will like #1 a lot more than the previous issue. My favorite character is the woman research scientist. I am in this for the long run. Definitely looking forward to #2.

I really like how Avatar prints the production numbers on the covers. It would be nice if other publishers followed suit.

well, there was a time when this was more common, but its not always a good thing.

I really like how Avatar prints the production numbers on the covers. It would be nice if other publishers followed suit.

well, there was a time when this was more common, but its not always a good thing.

How's it not always a good thing? I just don't see how it's a bad thing for the collector.

#0 just set the tone and the scene.

Like when three Battleship Ubers and 40 PanzerUbers took 1,000,000 Russians.

Dead or Alive.

#1 onwards is telling us HOW and what happens next.

#0 - is going to be hot as heck soon. ($25+ on ebay already)

Dead or Alive.

Not in the US

Dead or Alive.

Not in the US

Ya I was going to say...for what a set of 4? lol

I have been selling sets of 4 for $60 shipped. And if you preordered them it was like $2.54 a copy or something like that. I also have been selling the B&W variant for $25 and the regular for $12-15.

One already was on Bleeding Cool - Lionsgate interested in Uber.

There is a link somewhere in this thread.

But guess who owns Avatar... You guessed it - Bleeding Cool.

They're the same company. So there's probably a tiny conflict of interest there.

Bleeding Cool link

So it's safe to assume that anything Bleeding Cool has to say about Uber is due to them wanting to increase interest and sales.

It's also pretty safe to assume you didn't buy #0 (shrug)

Why the hate for this book pal - you have been krapping on it since day one.

Story?

Art?

A lot of peeps here seem to like it, so I would love to hear an alternative view as to why it is going to fail.

Over to you! (thumbs u

They're the same company. So there's probably a tiny conflict of interest there.

Bleeding Cool link

So it's safe to assume that anything Bleeding Cool has to say about Uber is due to them wanting to increase interest and sales.

Not sure that's correct- but I think Avatar is a major sponsor of Bleeding Cool, and maybe the only one. No one has tried to hide that in the stories on the website, and I don't see anything wrong with it. If anyone would bite the hand that feeds them, Rich Johnston would!

Bleeding Cool link

Not sure that's correct- but I think Avatar is a major sponsor of Bleeding Cool, and maybe the only one. No one has tried to hide that in the stories on the website, and I don't see anything wrong with it. If anyone would bite the hand that feeds them, Rich Johnston would!

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/04/23/lionsgate-sniffs-round-kieron-gillens-uber/