• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Uber from Avatar

1,083 posts in this topic

Uber #1 Insignia Set - The most limited edition UBER! Limited to 200 sets. $100 ea.

Uber #0 Enhanced Phoenix Blitzkrieg - Limited to 750. $14.99 ea

Uber #0 Enhanced Battleships - Limited to 2000. $5.99 ea.

Uber #1 Art Nouveau - Limited to 1500. $5.99 ea.

Uber #1 First Appearance HMH Colossus - A new concept in collectable variant editions, the first appearance of a major character in advance of their appearance in the books. Limited to 1500. $5.99 ea.

Uber #1 Phoenix VIP - Limited to 350. $50 ea.

Uber #2 Retailer Bonus - Ltd to 500. $25 ea.

Got an email from Avatar's Comic Cavalcade offering these just now. Probably won't last long!

:ohnoez:

Avatar are pumping out way too many variants of this :facepalm: I was going to collect the blitzkrieg sketch covers but there are too many that just make them look like a normal cover:

Regular blitzkrieg

Enchanted blitzkrieg

Retailer bonus blitzkrieg (so far for issues 1 and 2)

Having said that, I bet the store sells out of all these "limited exclusives" soon.

Avatar is doing what Avatar does - make lots of unique covers.

This is the big league for them, and despite all rhetoric, this comic is their entry into the mainstream.

Stick with Uber #0 for speculation - 4 covers - ignore the 'enhanced' - they are mostly for Conventions.

From #1 onwards - buy what you like.

What fools.

I swear pages back the rep from Avatar came in and said that #0 enhanced will be the last printing of #0 and it will be limited to 7,500 copies. And that's why I bought it. Now there are another few dozen #0 covers.

It's not the speculation aspect annoying me, it's the collectibility aspect. I like to collect covers that stand out (the propaganda and blitzkrieg sketch covers), but all these convention/retailer blitzkrieg sketch editions have watered down the appeal, as they are not limited to one sketch per issue, and there are only two issues released.

Maybe I should approach Kieron Gillen who frequents my main LCS, and then he can tell me to off lol

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/04/08/uber-0s-second-print-will-be-its-last/

"...

Publisher of both Avatar and Bleeding Cool, William Christensen, has told me that he is only going to run one further printing of Uber #0 before it is collected in trade paperback. And he is adding a stack more pages – and a dollar to the price.

Oh and it will also be limited to 7500 copies. Your last chance…"

Uber #0

4 covers from Avatar

2 covers from stores (Midtown and FP)

1 cover 2nd print LAST CHANCE TO BUY <-- apparently not

3 extra covers of Uber 2nd print (enhanced) have released weeks after he said no more

And #1. That is just out of hand, but he has never come out and said there will be no more.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/04/08/uber-0s-second-print-will-be-its-last/

"...

Publisher of both Avatar and Bleeding Cool, William Christensen, has told me that he is only going to run one further printing of Uber #0 before it is collected in trade paperback. And he is adding a stack more pages – and a dollar to the price.

Oh and it will also be limited to 7500 copies. Your last chance…"

Uber #0

4 covers from Avatar

2 covers from stores (Midtown and FP)

1 cover 2nd print LAST CHANCE TO BUY <-- apparently not

3 extra covers of Uber 2nd print (enhanced) have released weeks after he said no more

And #1. That is just out of hand, but he has never come out and said there will be no more.

Well why stop there. Keep printing more variants. You can never get enough variants :insane::facepalm:

Avatar are pumping out way too many variants of this :facepalm: I was going to collect the blitzkrieg sketch covers but there are too many that just make them look like a normal cover:

Regular blitzkrieg

Enchanted blitzkrieg

Having said that, I bet the store sells out of all these "limited exclusives" soon.

I'd take that bet. Avatar ruins titles with the multitude of variants.

Uber #1 Insignia Set - The most limited edition UBER! Limited to 200 sets. $100 ea.

Uber #0 Enhanced Phoenix Blitzkrieg - Limited to 750. $14.99 ea

Uber #0 Enhanced Battleships - Limited to 2000. $5.99 ea.

Uber #1 Art Nouveau - Limited to 1500. $5.99 ea.

Uber #1 First Appearance HMH Colossus - A new concept in collectable variant editions, the first appearance of a major character in advance of their appearance in the books. Limited to 1500. $5.99 ea.

Uber #1 Phoenix VIP - Limited to 350. $50 ea.

Uber #2 Retailer Bonus - Ltd to 500. $25 ea.

Got an email from Avatar's Comic Cavalcade offering these just now. Probably won't last long!

Probably won't last long? You're joking right?

Regular blitzkrieg

Enchanted blitzkrieg

I'd take that bet. Avatar ruins titles with the multitude of variants.

It's an interesting business model, you really only need one issue and then you can come out with a new cover every month. You can even add sequential numbering to each cover and it would appear that they are different issues. No one would know since no one actually reads these things anyway. :golfclap:

And that's how they kill the book. It really does not matter what the contents are. Good stories are overlooked and bad stories sell multiple variants. Now that I think about it they're brilliant! Slap a new cover and new name and you have multiple titles! The contents are irrelevant and can be the same. I may have to rethink my business model. hm

It's not the speculation aspect annoying me, it's the collectibility aspect. I like to collect covers that stand out (the propaganda and blitzkrieg sketch covers), but all these convention/retailer blitzkrieg sketch editions have watered down the appeal, as they are not limited to one sketch per issue, and there are only two issues released.

Maybe I should approach Kieron Gillen who frequents my main LCS, and then he can tell me to off lol

You should - and then point him to this thread to see that 3 years of hard work have been ruined by small men of little imagination.

Which is quite simply a tragedy as Uber is brilliant.

And destroyed for a cheap buck - seriously, has anyone got a clue which 'variant' is which?

And how can you have a "pre-exclusive" to a character that has not even been introduced??

Luckily I bought mine in pre-sale.

I'm out.

You should - and then point him to this thread to see that 3 years of hard work have been ruined by small men of little imagination.

Which is quite simply a tragedy as Uber is brilliant.

And destroyed for a cheap buck - seriously, has anyone got a clue which 'variant' is which?

And how can you have a "pre-exclusive" to a character that has not even been introduced??

Luckily I bought mine in pre-sale.

I'm out.

In the past Avatar has made the complete variant list available. doh!