• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Uber from Avatar

1,083 posts in this topic

well hello. I can see some things never change. IF you read my statement you would see that I am out because an EXTRA $2,000-$3000+/month is not worth my time. I am a stock day trader and can make that in a single daily trade. BUT rest assured my two teens are more than happy with that amount of coin and have already started up there own thing . ontherisecomics.com and otrcomics(ebay) are in its infant stages. They are far more gung-ho and since kids today live on the twitter and facebook etc they are far more thick skinned than I .

I would like to throw out some numbers that once again most just don't seem to get . First of all, I hardly bought EVERY #1 but be assured that during the early stages of these books a nice chunk of change is made. 250 EoW #1 at an avg of $8.50/ in about 7-10 days that cost 50% of cover .50 EoW#1 FP variants at something like $5-$6/dlvd that sold for $20-$25/+ per in a week or two. The talk of books at less than cover ... once again the first week of variant sales and above cover clears the cost. I sold 25-40 Todd #1's for $10-15/ bought 125 at 50% of cover. GotG is another great example, YES I did buy 500 regular books to get the variants at 40% of cover. Sold 3 Quesada sketch variants that were $2.40/ at aprox $130/ , the 5 Quesada colors for $75/ the 10 Manara variants at $35-$40/ ...is anyone adding this up?!?! Now, so these LOSERS were hardly losers some in fact profitable . Than ofcourse the WINNERS are HUGE and will cover quite a number of loser books. How can you discount the Uber sets at $60/ and only focus on the weeks after where they STILL are above cover or above cost. If Suarez sold 10 sets for $600 that cost him $85.00 he and OTHERS are in the $$$ regardless of current sales. I think most people are looking at books on a smaller scale and at a higher price point and do not understand what variants actually cost when crunching numbers. PLUS my s &h was set higher so that it covered supplies, actual postage and even paypal 2.9%. Anyhoo, this is NOT a message to start a contest. Good luck all with your investments and your collecting. I hope EVERYTHING is a winner for each and everyone of you. Take care

well hello.

I think most people are looking at books on a smaller scale and at a higher price point and do not understand what variants actually cost when crunching numbers.

I hope EVERYTHING is a winner for each and everyone of you. Take care

-Hi

-not from what i have seen

-Cheers, best of luck to your kids on their endeavors as well. The modern comic market is going to continue to be very interesting in the next 6 months to a year.

well hello. I can see some things never change. IF you read my statement you would see that I am out because an EXTRA $2,000-$3000+/month is not worth my time. I am a stock day trader and can make that in a single daily trade. BUT rest assured my two teens are more than happy with that amount of coin and have already started up there own thing . ontherisecomics.com and otrcomics(ebay) are in its infant stages. They are far more gung-ho and since kids today live on the twitter and facebook etc they are far more thick skinned than I .

I would like to throw out some numbers that once again most just don't seem to get . First of all, I hardly bought EVERY #1 but be assured that during the early stages of these books a nice chunk of change is made. 250 EoW #1 at an avg of $8.50/ in about 7-10 days that cost 50% of cover .50 EoW#1 FP variants at something like $5-$6/dlvd that sold for $20-$25/+ per in a week or two. The talk of books at less than cover ... once again the first week of variant sales and above cover clears the cost. I sold 25-40 Todd #1's for $10-15/ bought 125 at 50% of cover. GotG is another great example, YES I did buy 500 regular books to get the variants at 40% of cover. Sold 3 Quesada sketch variants that were $2.40/ at aprox $130/ , the 5 Quesada colors for $75/ the 10 Manara variants at $35-$40/ ...is anyone adding this up?!?! Now, so these LOSERS were hardly losers some in fact profitable . Than ofcourse the WINNERS are HUGE and will cover quite a number of loser books. How can you discount the Uber sets at $60/ and only focus on the weeks after where they STILL are above cover or above cost. If Suarez sold 10 sets for $600 that cost him $85.00 he and OTHERS are in the $$$ regardless of current sales. I think most people are looking at books on a smaller scale and at a higher price point and do not understand what variants actually cost when crunching numbers. PLUS my s &h was set higher so that it covered supplies, actual postage and even paypal 2.9%. Anyhoo, this is NOT a message to start a contest. Good luck all with your investments and your collecting. I hope EVERYTHING is a winner for each and everyone of you. Take care

Not a message to start a contest. lol Classic

$2-3k a month is not worth your time and yet lurking and posting here is. hm

Da-a-a-y trader Tripper

:eyeroll:

Yes, the first post in a like 6+ weeks makes me a lurker and apparently with a ton of free time. AS I stated before , things are relative. Before I started making really good money I was dating a pharmacist who mas making something like $50/ hour and in this particular instance she was trying to get someone to cover her shift on a holiday (not Christmas or Thanksgiving mind you) . It was an 8 hour shift at DOUBLE time so $800 to go in for the day . Her reply was that she made $125,000 and didn't need the $800 .... so, things are relative is my point . BTW I have been known to be a Day Tripper too....... almost 430 somewhere!

The covers are phenomenal and the writing is great I doubt it will hurt this title... I actually like avatars different covers. They've been doing this with other titles so I see no reason to change.

It seems to work for them since they keep doing it. Unfortunately it has hurt other titles and already hurts this one.

Yes, the first post in a like 6+ weeks makes me a lurker and apparently with a ton of free time. AS I stated before , things are relative. Before I started making really good money I was dating a pharmacist who mas making something like $50/ hour and in this particular instance she was trying to get someone to cover her shift on a holiday (not Christmas or Thanksgiving mind you) . It was an 8 hour shift at DOUBLE time so $800 to go in for the day . Her reply was that she made $125,000 and didn't need the $800 .... so, things are relative is my point . BTW I have been known to be a Day Tripper too....... almost 430 somewhere!

c17b654559b3126d36fc8aaa78ac77a9_zpsca463806.jpg

Morning all.

Jeff and Andy in agreement shocker!

There's a first. lol

I think that a lot of people have to realise that this forum is ALL about the secondary market.

CGC is about money.

There are 2 books for sale on here at this very moment for over $100,000.

So wether GA or modern, money plays a huge factor.

With Uber - my sorrow - and that is the right word - is that marketed properly,this book could have been a smash hit.

Now buyers walking into a LCS just see a wall of Uber covers - and move onto the next book.

Avatar must have the worlds biggest returns warehouse and they don't seem to sell out of anything - look at Crossed - they have had to resort to putting the comic on the web for free to drum up interest (ironically - it's the best Crossed written) - and even then release 5 covers per issue when its free on the net.

I mean who is going to buy 5 covers of a free book - I just don't get the Avatar mindset.

As I have said ad-infinitum - First print,second print etc etc.

Speculators and collectors get what they want - and people who have never heard of the book can see 'Uber #0 - 7th print" and immediately think - 'popular book' I will give it a go.

I feel sorry for KG - years to write and destroyed by greed in 2 issues.

Thats 3 books now, totally trashed upon release by dumb marketing/variants.

Someone quoted the 'Golden Goose' parable.

How very apt.

I guess it's back to being creative and finding those little hidden gems again.

Thanks everyone for keeping this discussion civil as well. (thumbs u

I think that a lot of people have to realise that this forum is ALL about the secondary market.

CGC is about money.

Yes, with the new wave of people since the start of 2012 :gossip:

Morning all.

Jeff and Andy in agreement shocker!

There's a first. lol

CGC is about money.

There are 2 books for sale on here at this very moment for over $100,000.

So wether GA or modern, money plays a huge factor.

With Uber - my sorrow - and that is the right word - is that marketed properly,this book could have been a smash hit.

Now buyers walking into a LCS just see a wall of Uber covers - and move onto the next book.

Avatar must have the worlds biggest returns warehouse and they don't seem to sell out of anything - look at Crossed - they have had to resort to putting the comic on the web for free to drum up interest (ironically - it's the best Crossed written) - and even then release 5 covers per issue when its free on the net.

I mean who is going to buy 5 covers of a free book - I just don't get the Avatar mindset.

As I have said ad-infinitum - First print,second print etc etc.

Speculators and collectors get what they want - and people who have never heard of the book can see 'Uber #0 - 7th print" and immediately think - 'popular book' I will give it a go.

I feel sorry for KG - years to write and destroyed by greed in 2 issues.

Thats 3 books now, totally trashed upon release by dumb marketing/variants.

Someone quoted the 'Golden Goose' parable.

How very apt.

I guess it's back to being creative and finding those little hidden gems again.

Thanks everyone for keeping this discussion civil as well. (thumbs u

How is a book trashed by releasing multiple covers.

Although #0 was a hard read, #1 was solid and had a very nice ramp up. I don't see why you use such hyperbole and already claiming a death knell for this book just because of multiple covers.

According to your logic, Guardians of the Galaxy should have almost zero readership because of the number covers that were produced.