• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Uber from Avatar

1,083 posts in this topic

Lots of convention variants on Bleeding Cool today. Bleeding Cool becomes less of a journalistic enterprise every day, it's now just an Avatar hype generator. :facepalm:

To summarize the Bleeding Cool article:

Uber #1 insignia set (limited to 200 - 3 covers)

Uber #1 art nouveau (limited to 1500)

Uber #1 first HMS Colossus (limited to 1500)

Uber #1 Phoenix VIP (limited to 350)

Uber #0 enhanced Phoenix Blitzkrieg (limited to 750)

Uber #0 enhanced Battleship (limited to 2000)

It sounds like these will be available at the Phoenix Comic Con (first con of the summer!) this weekend. Undoubtably Avatar will have other variants for other cons this summer.

It's amazing, I reread #1 today and the art was suddenly worse and so was the story. It's amazing what printing more covers can do to a story.

Haha...... I see what you did there. :popcorn:

I finally read #0, and found it very "choppy". The dialogue didn't flow at all in my opinion. I will give #1 a shot, as I've heard it gets better. I like the general premise, so I hope #1 grabs me.

Yes please do. Reading #0 then #1 is mandatory for everyone who wants to get a good feel for what this title is going to be about.

Avatar is not a good company for speculating. They constantly reprint issues with new covers to get the story into the hands of readers. So new readers can try their stuff for cover price instead of skipping it because they are too expensive on eBay. They want to make money off their books before speculators do. You can't blame them. Why wait until issue #6 to sell a TPB of a sold out book? It's hot now with people talking about it so make more to get readers on board now instead of six months from now. It's their business model and seems to be working for them.

I like some of their stuff to buy and read, but I wouldn't go crazy buying multiples to speculate on. 2c

You make a good point maloney about people NOT speculating on avatar. But I think that is exactly why peopl are speculationg on uber. Most people are buying the out of image books so why not look somewhere else where people are not speculating. Helheim and uber are great examples of this.

You make a good point maloney about people NOT speculating on avatar. But I think that is exactly why peopl are speculationg on uber. Most people are buying the out of image books so why not look somewhere else where people are not speculating. Helheim and uber are great examples of this.

The fact that image books were run up too far too fast, and are coming of their peaks....doesn't really make a good argument to go do the same to another company.

Helheim and Uber are great examples of PURE speculation. Sixth Gun got a pilot, so people tried to hype up Helheim. Prices rose as speculators sold to other speculators.

Then as for Uber, I wasn't following it from the beginning. I don't know who started hyping it up first, our board, or bleeding(bubble)cool.com, which is apparently owned by Avatar (conflict of interest much). But again, its a book being purely driven by speculators selling to speculators.

The fact that image books were run up too far too fast, and are coming of their peaks....doesn't really make a good argument to go do the same to another company.

Helheim and Uber are great examples of PURE speculation. Sixth Gun got a pilot, so people tried to hype up Helheim. Prices rose as speculators sold to other speculators.

Then as for Uber, I wasn't following it from the beginning. I don't know who started hyping it up first, our board, or bleeding(bubble)cool.com, which is apparently owned by Avatar (conflict of interest much). But again, its a book being purely driven by speculators selling to speculators.

Nazi's with superpowers doesn't need much hype.. people will be drawn to that. Also the added element of people having a draw to historical backdrops is also a plus.

Yeah, I hadn't seen it either. The were selling it for $40 and it included the sketch. I was hoping for more of a backhanded slap but it came out awesome. However, upon closer inspection I think he misunderstood when I asked for HMH Colossus, I think he drew X-men Colossus lol

However, upon closer inspection I think he misunderstood when I asked for HMH Colossus, I think he drew X-men Colossus lol

It looks like an X-Men Colossus for sure. But the guy he is punching, is that Hitler? I see a shadow/toothbrush mustache under the guy's nose.... hm

Yeah, I hadn't seen it either. The were selling it for $40 and it included the sketch. I was hoping for more of a backhanded slap but it came out awesome. However, upon closer inspection I think he misunderstood when I asked for HMH Colossus, I think he drew X-men Colossus lol

lol definitely xmen Colossus. Cool sketch though (thumbs u

However, upon closer inspection I think he misunderstood when I asked for HMH Colossus, I think he drew X-men Colossus lol

It looks like an X-Men Colossus for sure. But the guy he is punching, is that Hitler? I see a shadow/toothbrush mustache under the guy's nose.... hm

That would make the most sense.

Pretty damn cool.