• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Uber from Avatar

1,083 posts in this topic

Uber#0 10,849

Uber#1 16,109

Uber#2 16,343

As much as the variant covers make me sick, not many books go up 3 issues in a row right off the bat. Will be interested to see what issue #4 does.

With that being said, I bet it would have been in the 20k range by now if they kept the variants to a minimum ....which it might actually be with the 97 variants that are probably not on this list. lol, I had too

Judging by the lack of posts - am I the only one still reading?

What was the print run of #4 - anyone know?

Good issue as well - again.

Uber 3 14594

Uber 4 12030

4k drop from 2 to 4...... Shouldnt have done 93 covers, probably would be at 25k by now lol

They did print way too many covers imho. I thought 4 was pushing it with issue zero. This was overkill and that is just too bad because it seems to be a story that would pull in a lot of people. I know of many people who felt they were too far behind and couldn't catch up. I think the majority of comic collectors ( not readers ) are completist and thie covers never quit coming. 2c

They did print way too many covers imho. I thought 4 was pushing it with issue zero. This was overkill and that is just too bad because it seems to be a story that would pull in a lot of people. I know of many people who felt they were too far behind and couldn't catch up. I think the majority of comic collectors ( not readers ) are completist and thie covers never quit coming. 2c

The story CAN pull in a lot of readers on its own. Point people to the TPB that was solicited this month if they don't want to 'collect' Uber.

The story CAN pull in a lot of readers on its own. Point people to the TPB that was solicited this month if they don't want to 'collect' Uber.

I will buy the trades of this as they hit the bay unless they come out at a Image like price point of around $10. Definitely not collecting the floppies personally. I bought a few of issues 0 and 1 and saw the 90s on the wall before #2 came out lol

I like Gillen and hope it does well for him.

I will buy the trades of this as they hit the bay unless they come out at a Image like price point of around $10. Definitely not collecting the floppies personally. I bought a few of issues 0 and 1 and saw the 90s on the wall before #2 came out lol

I have a few hundred copies of #0 and #1.

LOVE the story so far but have been using the extras as toilet paper. Just add a bit of water and its not so bad

I have a few hundred copies of #0 and #1.

LOVE the story so far but have been using the extras as toilet paper. Just add a bit of water and its not so bad

You are not alone. Your idea seems like my best chance to recoup lol

This is a fun but brutal story. I've had enough luck with most other stuff that these won't slow me down. I still like the Propaganda covers.

I don't have a hundred of Uber. Just kidding around. I did have 7 Walking Dead 1s that I bought new or shortly thereafter and sold all of them for around $100 each being the genius I am lol

I think it evens out in the long run. I've sold many runs of comics in the $100 to $150 range only to buy them back for $10 to $40 later. :grin:

Just read issue #5 and it was by far the best issue yet. I cant even imagine how hot this book would have been [in terms of 2nd hand market] if they only made 1-2 covers.

Such an awesome book.

I think the primary and secondary market go hand in hand. If there is more supply of anything than demand it lowers values . I feel no need to rush and buy these because 5 months after the book started you can still buy 1st prints # 1s numbered out of 1500 that are more rare than the original 1st print #1s lol

This could be the X-Men 1 of this this decade. Good read, good art, worth having, not worth cover. 2c

Just read issue #5 and it was by far the best issue yet. I cant even imagine how hot this book would have been [in terms of 2nd hand market] if they only made 1-2 covers.

Such an awesome book.

I think the primary and secondary market go hand in hand. If there is more supply of anything than demand it lowers values . I feel no need to rush and buy these because 5 months after the book started you can still buy 1st prints # 1s numbered out of 1500 that are more rare than the original 1st print #1s lol

This could be the X-Men 1 of this this decade. Good read, good art, worth having, not worth cover. 2c

I buy every month to get my fix. I speculate, collect, and read so there are over a 100 titles a month that fit at least one of those 3 categories for me [some all 3]

'

No way I could wait months on end or for trades lol.

Such an awesome book.

I buy every month to get my fix. I speculate, collect, and read so there are over a 100 titles a month that fit at least one of those 3 categories for me [some all 3]

'

No way I could wait months on end or for trades lol.

I'm with you. When I mention the trades I mean that as a compliment to the story. I still have every trade I've ever purchased. Read, re-read, and re-read again lol

I wish trades would go to a consistent $10 price point. I would buy them all :banana:

Just read issue #5 and it was by far the best issue yet.

I agree. When Colossus has his hands around her neck, then I turned the page. Well, that was quite the surprise!

Totally shocked me. I actually caught myself saying Whoa [out loud]. Awesome stuff!

I agree. When Colossus has his hands around her neck, then I turned the page. Well, that was quite the surprise!

Totally shocked me. I actually caught myself saying Whoa [out loud]. Awesome stuff!

SHUSH you guys! It's killing me I haven't gotten my copy yet!

THAT.... was an issue I had to read twice! What a fantastic cap to the first story arc, it was a pretty tense read like you watching an actual war movie not knowing how its going to play out. You just don't know what is going to happen in this title, WHEW!

The opinion piece on Churchill at the end of the book certainly gives you some food for thought... hm