• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Uber from Avatar

1,083 posts in this topic

Finally read it - continues to be a great read.

#1 book now for me after the delays with Bedlam.

That looks really good quality - what was the print run of #6 like?

Hopefully upwards as this book is too good to be finished early imho. (and, no, not spruiking it)

Hopefully upwards as this book is too good to be finished early imho. (and, no, not spruiking it)

I dont think we will know that for a few weeks. #6 just came out less than 3 weeks ago

I dont think we will know that for a few weeks. #6 just came out less than 3 weeks ago

Thanks. Does ComicChron separate the issues into variant sales, or is it just 1 number.

I kinda got confused after TWD #100, as none of the figures of variants printed seemed to match anywhere near the print run quoted.

I imagine (know) that Avatar are even worse, so maybe the 'correct' figure will never be known.

I'd ask Seifert but........

Thanks. Does ComicChron separate the issues into variant sales, or is it just 1 number.

I kinda got confused after TWD #100, as none of the figures of variants printed seemed to match anywhere near the print run quoted.

I imagine (know) that Avatar are even worse, so maybe the 'correct' figure will never be known.

Usually just one number

Usually just one number

Thanks man.

Two copies left in FP London. I had looked through it on the week it came out and was a little surprised that the blitzkrieg sketch covers weren't in there, unless I missed them.

All the other normal covers were featured, thought they could've added around 40-50 pages with all those other variant covers lol

I always see Kieron Gillen in my LCS, just as I did today. I don't think all those variants have anything to do with him though. Got to catch up on issues 5 and 6 later on.

Got it - thanks!

Again frikkin awesome book!

people, please give this story a go.

I am curious to see what happens with Colossus' brother. He kind of reminds me of Steve Rogers before he became Captain America with the way they portrayed him in #7. It will be cool to see how powerful he can become with the red matter.......

He's as wimpy looking as Pre-souped up Steve!

Any clue why the Miyoko turned on the other?

Any clue why the Miyoko turned on the other?

That's initially what I thought and I went back to read that sequence...

I'll hypothesize:

The Uber jap was going in for the kill on 'Razor' but when he engaged his 'bolt' power- he died because his power is ineffective against Razor and unexpectedly caused a fatal feedback. Why was the Uber 'bolt' ineffective? Now we know that Razor is the brother of Colossus and shares the same common genetic trait that enables the Uber process to take effective. But what if it is SOOO much more pronounced in Razor, much more than it was in Colossus, that Razor has a bigger immunity to Uber induced damage that it killed the Uber-Jap instead? I'm predicting that Razor will develop into a class of Uber that will surpass the battleship class German Ubers with new abilities and invulnerablity. Call him the Uber Uber!

It's either this, or Miyoko DID kill the other guy for his own, yet to be determined, reasons and left Razor alive. And in leaving Razor alive, unwittingly left a future Uber battleship to come back and be the death of Miyoko later on....

Oh the irony!