• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nice Silver-Age Marvels on ComicLink

88 posts in this topic

ComicLink just listed a bunch of very nice High-Grade Marvel issues (including a ton of early Avengers), many with reasonable prices (top-end of market but most would not be RECORD sales).

These are not my books. I bought several grand, and I'm hoping that others will buy some and stop me from being tempted to buy more. cloud9.gif

GO FOR IT! insane.gif

purchased a few also. I'll assume you're the one that snagged the STT 135 before me?

Was sittin in front of my PC hoping to God the guy would list a run of ASM...

Ah, Yeah, that was me. cool.gif

That one I had to think about for a while. I put a bid in at $600, then someone outbid me almost immediately at $650, and I SAID WHAT THE HELL. blush.gif

I also got a nice DD #29, Avengers #56 and TOS #53. cloud9.gif

I want atleast one of the Tales to Astonish, but it was already gone.

What did you get?

27_laughing.gif, I was going to bid 600 but then someone (you) had already bid so I put 650. I wanted to see if the seller would reply with a bit lower price.

I'm pretty sure I got the Avengers 49 and 55. I wanted the 56 but someone bought it real quick.

Brian

I'm pretty sure I got the Avengers 49 and 55. I wanted the 56 but someone bought it real quick.

Nice snag on the #55. I don't like the miscut, but it's a CGC 9.6 (Western Penn copy) and it was priced like all the CGC 9.4's. thumbsup2.gif

I would have been all over that one. wink.gif

And I got the Avengers #56, because that is one of the tougher issues to get in CGC 9.4 (or better). gossip.gif

Yeah I hate the miscut too. I bought it sight unseen when they first popped up without images. I figured at 175, 9.6 and a pedigree. I could get more than my money out of it if it turned out to be ugly.

Brian

Yeah I hate the miscut too. I bought it sight unseen when they first popped up without images. I figured at 175, 9.6 and a pedigree. I could get more than my money out of it if it turned out to be ugly.

Brian

No Doubt!!!!!! acclaim.gif

They seem to be selling pretty fast. I hope the person who just bought the Avengers #5 saw the big grease pencil arrival date.

Thanks to Murph I was able to grab the Avenger #39 Green River 9.6, the #43 9.4 Western Penn and the #38 9.4 Boston, all needed for my Pedigrees Assemble run.

I am really curious as to who it was popped these babies up there!

I recently paid $500 for a 9.0 #5, so that $500 for the 9.2 was a nifty price. I could easily have kept spending, but my first mortgage payment is coming up and, well, you know...... 893frustrated.gif

27_laughing.gif

I need to get a better job or richer, more elderly relatives.

Nice books, but I couldn't even begin to think about affording them.

I guess I'll go home and look at that raw 8.5 Avengers 55 that I picked up off eBay for $9.

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

No pity party here F4F! 893naughty-thumb.gif

I happen to have some nice 8.5s and 7.5s and 7.0s in my Avengers run and I love them just as much as their uptown brothers and sisters!

And that was a hell of a buy you got there!

thumbsup2.gif

No pity party here F4F! 893naughty-thumb.gif

I happen to have some nice 8.5s and 7.5s and 7.0s in my Avengers run and I love them just as much as their uptown brothers and sisters!

And that was a hell of a buy you got there!

thumbsup2.gif

Oddly, it was on consignment from one of my LCS... the owner kind of shook his head when his clerk showed him the invoice when I picked it and an FF 130 (8.5 also) and payed a sum total of $9 and change.

I would like to get an ultra-high grade book some time... just don't know which it should be (since it will likely be an only child).

Maybe I'll wait for Coming Great Crash...

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

Yes make an offer on the FF#12, 7.5 and you might be pleasantly surprised. tongue.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Used to have a copy of this... probably closer to 6.5 or 7.0. Went to school in my backpack one day... 7 miles on a bike. While I was anal even then about packing things securely, I shudder at the stuff I used to carry around to read at school.

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

recently paid $500 for a 9.0 #5, so that $500 for the 9.2 was a nifty price. I could easily have kept spending, but my first mortgage payment is coming up and, well, you know......

I would take a CGC 9.0 (assuming it looks nice) over a CGC 9.2 with a big grease pencil arrival date anyday.

Just because CGC doesn't downgrade for it, doesn't mean I (and others) don't.

Also, the first book I picked up was the DD #29 (Western Penn - White pages).

I'm still looking. SOMEBODY STOP ME.

Some really nice purchases, Steve and Murph. And Brad: love the Pedigree Assemble! concept and envy your collection.

That Avengers 56 has a terrific Cap cover (by Big John Buscema, I believe). And Kirby's take on Shield is a great book, too.

I bit the bullet on the X-Men 9, featuring The Stranger. It wasn't cheap, but I don't expect to get it much cheaper, and the color preservation looks outstanding. Besides, it has a cool Kirby cover and a great villain.

The price was nice on the 5 for the label, I don't like that grease date at all. If it didn't have that I was going to buy it, but when that pic popped up I quickly stepped away from the keyboard.

What I find very odd is that very few 9.4 copies of Avengers pre-#20 have showed up in quite a while. Suddenly the 16 PC 9.4 shows up and then a few more show up on eBay and then now this run. I wonder if ppl are really pissed about Avengers getting completely rebooted again?? Might be far fetched but the timing is odd.

Brian