• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nice Silver-Age Marvels on ComicLink

88 posts in this topic

Hard to say Brian......as a silver age guy......I couldn't care less what is going on currently. I'm living in the past. 27_laughing.gif

BTW.Steve..that #56 has a great cover and the copy you got is a great looking book. Nicely centered, edges look great. Congrats!

And Nam......I've always loved the cover to X-Men 9.....I know exactly what you're talking about! And thanks for the comp on my set......I'll have 7 different peds represented after I get the ones I ordered today. Just an interesting historical twist, I think. 22 of the 43 books in the set will be peds.

Brad

sign-funnypost.gif

Actually, I'll see if I can rattle them off........Winnipeg, Green River, Pacific Coast, Curator, Oakland, and then I'll be adding one each from the Western Penn and Boston collections. Figured I'll leave the straight runs to Captain Tripps.....I just wanted to see how many different peds I could get into one Registry Set.

confused-smiley-013.gif

Actually, I'll see if I can rattle them off........Winnipeg, Green River, Pacific Coast, Curator, Oakland, and then I'll be adding one each from the Western Penn and Boston collections. Figured I'll leave the straight runs to Captain Tripps.....I just wanted to see how many different peds I could get into one Registry Set.

Well you should be able to find a White Mountain at sometime.

I think it's great to have various pedigrees in runs.

Also, I went out to dinner for a few hours and a few more of the books that I was considering sold. STILL TEMPTING!!!!!!

There's a Northland out there I have an eye on too. Kind of a fun challenge.

Look, Steve, if you don't have any kids to send to college in the next year like I do.......go ahead and buy ooonnneee more.

devil.gif

They'll be gone tomorrow. (That always gets 'em.) 27_laughing.gif

Look, Steve, if you don't have any kids to send to college in the next year like I do.......go ahead and buy ooonnneee more.

I've got four years to college, but two years and he's a driver (think $3.5K increase in annual car insurance).

Actually, my wife starts a two year nursing college in two weeks (this is probably her seventh different career). And she's already taken the last year and a half off, to get her prerequisite classes out of the way. I can't wait for her to get a job (so I can buy more books). grin.gif

Just go for the Avengers #2 Mass. copy. I actually have my eye on that, as it looks incredible. But I probably would rather pick up another ten sweet books than just one more. cloud9.gif

The prices are really quite reasonable on most of these books and they dropped the prices on a lot of the X-Men books and some of those look pretty reasonable.

Happy Hunting!!!!

Yes make an offer on the FF#12, 7.5 and you might be pleasantly surprised. tongue.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Used to have a copy of this... probably closer to 6.5 or 7.0. Went to school in my backpack one day... 7 miles on a bike. While I was anal even then about packing things securely, I shudder at the stuff I used to carry around to read at school.

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

No better time to re-live your youth, dust off that bike and throw this 7.5 copy in your backpack and head out for another 7 mile ride. tongue.gifgrin.gif

I've got four years to college, but two years and he's a driver (think $3.5K increase in annual car insurance).

gossip.gif Just make him pay his own insurance. You might want to think about having him on a separate policy in his own name becuase if he gets in an accident with someone that person can sue you. My parents made me do that. I was talking to the athletic director at college and she let her younger sister be on her policy and to make a long story short. Her sister got in an accident. The person sued for $250K settled for $40K which the insurance company paid. Even though her sister is no longer on her policy she is now paying the insurance company thru the nose becuase of that accident.

sign-funnypost.gif

confused-smiley-013.gif

No Mass, White Mountain or Northland? frown.gif

Actually, I don't think I've ever personally seen any Mass Avengers. I think Hoodeedoo had some nice WM Avengers up last year, I take it you weren't the buyer on any of them.

okay guys. I luv alla youse, and those ARE some sweet azz Marvels. And I would love to own them all too.

But heres my question. Are you guys really comfortable building HG and pedigree runs at these prices? You all know Im not a crash advocate.... but my attitude is to see if prices settle down to more comfortable levels on non-keys. If they do great, Ill upgrade. But if they dont - - well, I missed out! Too bad for me - - you cant have everything and since my runs just arent as HG as I thought, so be it! Im not gonna chase them at thousands of $$s apiece.

Id rather buy keys. I think they have a better chance of holding value. But do you all feel the Keys are even MORE out of whack? Somehow it seems it there would always be greater demand for an Avengers 1 or 4 than a run of 2, 3 plus 5 thru 10. Im like you guys - - I want the whole run in HG, but not for what it costs today....

so what do youse think?

You could spend many years waiting and watching and nothing could happen. If you want the books and feel comfortable buy them. If you're afraid of some unseen crash, don't buy them. It all depends on your comfort level and how long you're willing to wait. I'd wait, but I don't foresee some huge discount down the line so it's not worthwhile to me.

Brian

that would fall under Plan B: "so I missed out. Ill settle for my copies."

Maybe its upgrade fever!! No matter what you have, youre never done..!?

As I say, sadly I'm not as close as I used to think to comic collection nirvana... so as much as Id like 9.4 runs, thats why I concentrate on the keys.

I really do get a laugh over the crash talk. While sitting in my home, watching my TV/Car/Electronics/Everything depreciate before my eyes. I buy none of those things because of an "investment" potential. I buy them because I enjoy them. I also get enjoyment out of owning comics, so I buy them. If they appreciate, wonderful there's some money I may or may not ever see. If they depreciate, big deal, it's one more thing to add to the list of depreciating goods I own. I know someone will say "but but some of this stuff is so expensive it has to be investments". To that I say, if it costs so much to you that you can only see it as an investment then maybe it's beyond your means. The point isn't that those who have great comics collections are spitting on the ppl with the small collections Instead, it's if the only way you can qualify owning something is by thinking of it as an investment then that money is likely money you shouldn't be spending.

If people held out only for things that appreciated, they'd be left with virtually no possessions whatsoever.

Brian

Well there is one on Comic Link for $3,500 so yes I'd say it was a good deal. Love that cover.

...you can't really use comic link asking price as a guide,...they are set by the seller,...they could of set it at $4,000.00....