• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THE OFFICAL ALL SPOILER KILL BILL VOL. 2 THREAD YOU'VE BEEN WARNED

62 posts in this topic

ok go one for you. JET LI HERO thumbsup2.gif

Yeah I have seen the previews and stuff for that movie and I cannot wait to see it...the seen with all of th arrows and he just stands there and wipes them out with his sword...man that looks awesome... cloud9.gif

it can be rented now , it getting the BIG screen go with money from Mr, T, so that it

really can be seen the way it was ment to be seen.

really? I was wondering why it said something about QT when saw the preview for it..I know that he is a HUGE kung-fu fan and I believe has one of the largest kung-fu movie libaries in the US...rivaled only by mine of course thumbsup2.gif

really? I was wondering why it said something about QT when saw the preview for it..I know that he is a HUGE kung-fu fan and I believe has one of the largest kung-fu movie libaries in the US...rivaled only by mine of course thumbsup2.gif

really? do you have "Five Fingers of Death", what many say is the start of the craze?

Well, Netflix delivered it today and I just finished watching it. I guess I am in the minoroty when I say KB2 should rank as one of those movies superior to the original. Now the caveat, as we all know, is that this was originally one movie split into two - but being as it IS the 2nd movie - well - think it was superior.

Some of the things folks wrote about ARE what made it superior. More talk. LOVE talk in films, if it is good. And the talk WAS good. Yes, as I was watching the near end parts I was wondering if the dialogue was getting a bit "schmmozy" but after watching it I realized - hell- the "schmoozy" was like the negatives currently cited on this forum - a very small percentage. And I'll be danged if I let a very small percentage of "schmmozy" color my judgement. And after watching the whole thing, I decided the "schmoozy" actually fit quite well.

I read that this was probably David Carradine's best role. I figured it for hype. Well, I figured wrong. He got a chance to do something good and he did something great, in my opinion.

As far as his death goes? Well, it was plainly stated you take five steps, your heart explodes, and you die. Well, he took, as I recollect, sisx steps and fell down dead. What do you EXPECT him to do. Clutch his chest, go ARRGGGHHHH" and demonstrate graphically "the snarling rictus of death"? I rather liked his death scene.

Well, could say more but won;t. Just think it is a much better asect than tons of non-stop sword fighting that furthers nothing because the same point - that Uma could REALLY weild a sword, could have been accomplished in 1/5th the time that was allocated in the first part. tongue.gif

Well, Netflix delivered it today and I just finished watching it. I guess I am in the minoroty when I say KB2 should rank as one of those movies superior to the original. Now the caveat, as we all know, is that this was originally one movie split into two - but being as it IS the 2nd movie - well - think it was superior.

Some of the things folks wrote about ARE what made it superior. More talk. LOVE talk in films, if it is good. And the talk WAS good. Yes, as I was watching the near end parts I was wondering if the dialogue was getting a bit "schmmozy" but after watching it I realized - hell- the "schmoozy" was like the negatives currently cited on this forum - a very small percentage. And I'll be danged if I let a very small percentage of "schmmozy" color my judgement. And after watching the whole thing, I decided the "schmoozy" actually fit quite well.

I read that this was probably David Carradine's best role. I figured it for hype. Well, I figured wrong. He got a chance to do something good and he did something great, in my opinion.

As far as his death goes? Well, it was plainly stated you take five steps, your heart explodes, and you die. Well, he took, as I recollect, sisx steps and fell down dead. What do you EXPECT him to do. Clutch his chest, go ARRGGGHHHH" and demonstrate graphically "the snarling rictus of death"? I rather liked his death scene.

Well, could say more but won;t. Just think it is a much better asect than tons of non-stop sword fighting that furthers nothing because the same point - that Uma could REALLY weild a sword, could have been accomplished in 1/5th the time that was allocated in the first part. tongue.gif

my god some one pinch me. you give good reason to this. yes i say its was better, because we

see what spirt the "Bride " has. Thoses strikes can anybody tell me ?

1. Where they hit?

2. And why there ?

I have my own answer but want to see what others may think. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Buried alive sequence covered several phobias: fear of death, enclosed spaces, darkness. Very creepy.

Was just communicating with a friend about KB2 (after my previous post) and had this to say about the buried alive scene. Just my opinion:

"I think the casket scene was used brilliantly as it related her ability ot get out of the casket with her training and her learning of the 5 Finger technique. The scene, in my opinion, was not designed for fear but used to further our understanding of her background and the abilities she obtained from that background. Actually, I found it very exciting because I KNEW she wasn't going to die there but also knew Tarantino would not mess up this opportunity - and he sure didn't! (in my opinion, of course )"

Just mt take on it - I actually kind of "relaxed" during that scene and just waited for Tarantino to reveal what he wanted to reveal. Was not dissapointed! grin.gif

Buried alive sequence covered several phobias: fear of death, enclosed spaces, darkness. Very creepy.

Was just communicating with a friend about KB2 (after my previous post) and had this to say about the buried alive scene. Just my opinion:

"I think the casket scene was used brilliantly as it related her ability ot get out of the casket with her training and her learning of the 5 Finger technique. The scene, in my opinion, was not designed for fear but used to further our understanding of her background and the abilities she obtained from that background. Actually, I found it very exciting because I KNEW she wasn't going to die there but also knew Tarantino would not mess up this opportunity - and he sure didn't! (in my opinion, of course )"

Just mt take on it - I actually kind of "relaxed" during that scene and just waited for Tarantino to reveal what he wanted to reveal. Was not dissapointed! grin.gif

brilant , brilant. yes it plays to the true spirt of a warrior. 893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

Heres a question:

Assuming Bill was aware of the punch and how he would die if he took the fifth step,why didn't he just pull a Professor X and spend his life in a wheelchair,assembling a new team of Vipers?

They could bring in Go-Gos twin sister,a couple of the swordmaker's bastards and take it from there.Fast forward a few years and a certain young African-American women would surely join the team. I'm certain they could find a spot for Salma Hayeck.

Heres a question:

Assuming Bill was aware of the punch and how he would die if he took the fifth step,why didn't he just pull a Professor X and spend his life in a wheelchair,assembling a new team of Vipers?

They could bring in Go-Gos twin sister,a couple of the swordmaker's bastards and take it from there.Fast forward a few years and a certain young African-American women would surely join the team. I'm certain they could find a spot for Salma Hayeck.

Answer: Bill never new IF the "Bride" HAD the tranning to do just that.The Darel Hanna,

charactor was to try and get that tranning to pass it on to bill, She proved to be UNWORTHY,

and in anger kills the "Master", NOT knowing that he HAS taught it to "The Bride"

I have to give Q credit. The dude can write. Everything about this movie was superb.... If you sort of had a disinterested feeling after Part 1, I bet there is a real good chance you will thoroughly enjoy Part 2........I did. cloud9.gif

i agree. But this is a spolier post so tell us more. what was it about Vol 2 you liked.

Well, all we know is that after taking five steps you die from your heart exploding. So the questions are:

1) Is this due to the effort of taking those five steps that causes the heart to explode?

2) Is the "five steps" just another way of saying in a few seconds your heart will explode (with the five steps being used as a sort of "timer".)

If #2 is valid then the answer is already given - he would have died anyway.

If #1, then what we have is the cumulative effect of effort. Bill may have bought himself a little time but I doubt he could remain immobile. I mean, imagine if he was constipated - the strain (pardon the pun) could be tremendous! Plus you have stress and its impact on the heart. Just the knowledge that you have to maintain minimal movement (again, pardon the pun) would create added stress.

Any way you slice it, Bill was in the toilet! grin.gif

POV look at my question up a few post. It's WERE he is struck that does the damage.

sign-offtopic.gifanother beatuifull night here in Nor Cal . cloud9.gifflowerred.gif

Brain - I actually don;t quite get your question, but was responding to Shad's supposition about staying basically immobile. frown.gif

POV look at my question up a few post. It's WERE he is struck that does the damage.

sign-offtopic.gifanother beatuifull night here in Nor Cal . cloud9.gifflowerred.gif

Brain - I actually don;t quite get your question, but was responding to Shad's supposition about staying basically immobile. frown.gif

ok still being immobile is not going to work as it is were he is hit,not that he has to even move

IMHO (but you may be right) . confused-smiley-013.gif

ok still being immobile is not going to work as it is were he is hit,not that he has to even move

Well, it is why I posted two possibilities: mobility kills/immobility doesn;t and why immobility just ain;t gonna work! grin.gif

call it delayed death, after that last strike to Bill , it only a matter of time.He's done.

Game Set Match POV. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Well, it is why I posted two possibilities: mobility kills/immobility doesn;t and why immobility just ain;t gonna work! grin.gif

call it delayed death, after that last strike to Bill , it only a matter of time.He's done.

To belabor a point,they were quite specfic that the punch killed after five steps. Not the time it takes to take five steps,nor any equivlilant interval of time.FIVE STEPS.

If Bill was half the man he seemed to be,he would have self-administered a blow to his spinal column,rendering himself crippled,yet alive.Like the ninja who bit off his tounge to prevent giving away his secrets under torture.

While he might not have been aware that Ulma possessed the punch prior to its administration there is no doubt ,in my mind,that he recognized it for what it was.

To belabor a point,they were quite specfic that the punch killed after five steps.

Well, yes and no - to further belabor the point. Because they did not say "If, after taking the punch, you walk five steps then you will die." He said "He hits you with his fingertips at five different pressure points on your body. And then he lets you walk away. But after you've taken five steps, your heart explodes inside of you."

The key is "after", in my opinion. he does not say "because" you have taken five steps - he says "after" taking five steps. Which, to me, is open to interpretation. It could, in fact mean, take five steps and you die. But it could also mean, the way it is presented, the time it takes to make those five steps, or the strain on the heart in taking those five steps, will cause you to die.

::typo edit frown.gif::

To belabor a point,they were quite specfic that the punch killed after five steps. Not the time it takes to take five steps,nor any equivlilant interval of time.FIVE STEPS.

If Bill was half the man he seemed to be,he would have self-administered a blow to his spinal column,rendering himself crippled,yet alive.Like the ninja who bit off his tounge to prevent giving away his secrets under torture.

While he might not have been aware that Ulma possessed the punch prior to its administration there is no doubt ,in my mind,that he recognized it for what it was.

my understanding of it is.the strikes are FATAL,the engine of this is walking five steps.Nothing

Bill could do would change this,game over. But i still ask were was he hit and why there?? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif