• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bodie Troll

93 posts in this topic

For anyone on these boards still interested, I'm checking in to offer an update of my comic book, "Bodie Troll", published by Red 5 Comics.

The first four issue mini series of "Bodie Troll" completely sold out of its print run. People who seek out the individual issues will only find them online for higher prices, given their scarcity. #1 went from $3 to $20 on Ebay pretty quickly.

For those who prefer to read the mini series in a collection, Red 5 is releasing the first Bodie Troll trade paperback on Feb. 12th. It will collect all four issues, as well a lot of behind the scenes notes and sketches, pin-ups drawn by other artists, and the never-before-published first appearance of "proto-Bodie", the character who would one day become Bodie Troll. If that isn't enough, in that same never-before-seen story, you'll find a VERY familiar comic book character. I had to get special permission from its creator, but he gave it to me gladly, and it's a special treat for fans of Bodie and...the yet to be named comic character!

And in case anyone is wondering, there will be more Bodie Troll to come. I've already handed in my story for Red 5's Free Comic Book Day issue, which has a twelve page Bodie Troll story--lots of laughs, lots of action, and a little bit scary, too! And beyond that, I've started work on the new Bodie Troll mini series, which will introduce some new characters, and dig deeper into the backgrounds of those that you've already seen!

All that, and I've begun selling my original Bodie pages on Comic Art House. Issue 1 is on display, and everything including the cover is up for grabs. More pages from the other issues will soon follow.

If anyone has any questions or thoughts about Bodie, I'd be happy to address them here, or you can reach me through my e-mail: jayfosgitt@gmail.com

Thanks for you interest, everybody! Hope to be back here to answer questions and report the news soon!

--Jay

Within two months of it's release last spring, Bodie Troll #1 sold out of its print run and jumped in value to $20 on Ebay. Today, I came across a new listing for Bodie #1 on Ebay--someone had the issue run through CGC Universal Grade--Bodie Troll #1 is now going for $90. http://www.ebay.com/itm/BODIE-TROLL-CGC-9-8-JAY-FOSGITT-BIG-THINGS-INSTORE-FOR-THIS-LITTLE-TROLL-/281228998716?pt=AU_Books_Comics&hash=item417a8df83c

Any product or entertainment spin offs that were mentioned are purely speculative right now. I have been talking to my art rep about the possibility of doing Bodie plushies at some point, but nothing's in stone just yet. I've also been in talks with voice actress Alyson Court (Claire Redfield in "Resident Evil") about doing voice work for future Bodie projects. What is solid are the two publications slated for 2014--Red 5's Free Comic Book Day issue, which will feature a brand new 12 page Bodie Troll story, and the release of the first Bodie Troll Trade Paperback. Alyson Court wrote the foreword for the collection, all four issues of Bodie Troll are included, production art and notes, a pin-up section, and the never-before-published story that served as the first appeared of the "proto-Bodie", the character thar would become Bodie later on. It's going to be something pretty special.