• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bodie Troll

93 posts in this topic

Just got my last order from Midtown. It came in the oversized box. The comics (several but not all of them) looked like someone was using them to sand floorboards. The spines were total garbage. I got the same bs excuse - it wasnt us, it was USPS. I call BS on that. they were trashed before they went into the box. no QC at all! I will not order from them again if it kills me.

Ps BT looks really cute. I'll pick up a copy too.

Just added a copy to my DCBS order. I'll give it a shot. I'll try about anything to get my GF into more comics, looks like she'd check this one out...

Edit: Its 45% off at DCBS, if you didnt want to deal with Midtown...

Hi, everyone on this thread! I'm Jay Fosgitt, creator of "Bodie Troll". Andy was kind enough to start this thread, so I thought I'd join up, introduce myself, and tell you a bit about "Bodie Troll".

To begin, "Bodie Troll" will not be a limited series. It's going to be a bi-monthly series. It's an all-ages comic, but that doesn't mean that just kids will like it (though I sure hope they do). It's first and foremost a fairy tale, in the "Fractured Fairytales" mold (if you're familiar with the old "Rocky and Bullwinkle" cartoons). "Bodie Troll" will have humor, adventure, peril, pathos, and all the stuff that makes great entertainment.

If you want to be kept up to date on what's happening with "Bodie Troll", you can visit my website at: www.jayfosgitt.com which will list my convention appearances and other such items. But for the most up to date info, visit my blog at: http://jayfosgitt.blogspot.com/

Seeing as how I'm a member of these boards now, I encourage you to ask me any questions you might have, right here in this thread. Comments, thoughts, whatever, I'd love to hear from you guys. Thanks for taking some interest in my work, and if you haven't yet, order your copy of "Bodie Troll" right now from your local shop. It lands on April 17th!

--Jay

Hiya Jay - see you negotiated the 'mod minefield' of registration!

As I said to you before, this is the place where an awful lot of big/prominent collectors, dealers and store owners come to play,so its the place to come to get your message out to the masses.

Good Luck Jay, and thanks for agreeing to join up and spread your knowledge!

How about a taste of the first page or two, and what do you hope to have the print run of #1 make?

Cheers

Andy

You could look a it that way or you could look at the other way.

They are shipping paper. Once its shipped its out of midtowns hands. mess gets dropped, banged moved, shifted, smashed up in transit. It cant be helped. I know. I shipped 1200 comics last year and as good as I KNOW i packed them, I still had packages that arrived at the buyers home looking like they drove over an IED in Iraq. Even with tracking, signature confirmation, ive had packages dissapear into the black hole called the post office.UPS is not different.

Sorry, but I don't buy that *spoon*. Every single *spoon* order from Midtown is like that and they want to use the excuse "it's the USPS, please use UPS" but it's still the same old *spoon*. I've ordered from many other online retailers, even Hastings & Graham Crackers that ship with no packing materials and never have the problem I have with Midtown.

Okay. Just to clear up the Midtown thing.

I worked at their warehouse for a few months. Sometimes, entire boxes had books with damaged corners coming from DIAMOND. So it's not entirely Midtowns fault.

I also know that as long as you approach the problem as a reasonable person, they always replace damaged books. I know; when I was there I literally replaced hundreds and hundreds of books that weren't "NM".

They are shipping paper. Once its shipped its out of midtowns hands. mess gets dropped, banged moved, shifted, smashed up in transit. It cant be helped. I know. I shipped 1200 comics last year and as good as I KNOW i packed them, I still had packages that arrived at the buyers home looking like they drove over an IED in Iraq. Even with tracking, signature confirmation, ive had packages dissapear into the black hole called the post office.UPS is not different.

Sorry, but I don't buy that *spoon*. Every single *spoon* order from Midtown is like that and they want to use the excuse "it's the USPS, please use UPS" but it's still the same old *spoon*. I've ordered from many other online retailers, even Hastings & Graham Crackers that ship with no packing materials and never have the problem I have with Midtown.

I worked at their warehouse for a few months. Sometimes, entire boxes had books with damaged corners coming from DIAMOND. So it's not entirely Midtowns fault.

I also know that as long as you approach the problem as a reasonable person, they always replace damaged books. I know; when I was there I literally replaced hundreds and hundreds of books that weren't "NM".

But the boards and bags have the same exact damage. Are they coming in from DIAMOND already bagged & boarded or is this just pure coincidence?? Yes, Midtown is great about replacing the books but why is it I'm having to pay for shipping twice if it was just done RIGHT the first time. I have sellers in Canada that ship in cardboard mailers with zero damage.

But the boards and bags have the same exact damage. Are they coming in from DIAMOND already bagged & boarded or is this just pure coincidence?? Yes, Midtown is great about replacing the books but why is it I'm having to pay for shipping twice if it was just done RIGHT the first time. I have sellers in Canada that ship in cardboard mailers with zero damage.

Well in that case it comes down to the sole individual who originally bagged and boarded the book, or the person who's pulling the books for your order, or the person who double checks the order to make sure everything is accounted for, or the person packing the books.

It's never just one person doing all of these steps. In fact, it's usually a different person each time.

These books are handled by people not machines. There is certainly the element of human error here.

I agree it's handled by people and not machines. My issue with Midtown though is every single order except the replacements which leads me to believe that whoever handles the replacements is very careful. I order frequently from 6 other online retailers and only Midtown needs replacing and it's not just me. Trust me, I want to order from Midtown but it seems to become more of a hassle than anything.

I agree it's handled by people and not machines. My issue with Midtown though is every single order except the replacements which leads me to believe that whoever handles the replacements is very careful. I order frequently from 6 other online retailers and only Midtown needs replacing and it's not just me. Trust me, I want to order from Midtown but it seems to become more of a hassle than anything.

It's true.

I know the guys who handle the replacements and they are handled more carefully.

But also remember that your order is just one amongst thousands. They have to pull orders and do all those steps efficiently, and sometimes books suffer and aren't 9.8 copies.

Oh well, NM starts at 9.2, and I'm sure most of the books that arrive to customers are at least 9.2s...

Seriously guys - manners?

A creator comes on these boards to share the info about his book and you are person_without_enough_empathying about Midtown.

Not cool at all.

Jay should be afforded the same respect as Kurtis.

2c

My apologies Andy as this should have it's own thread but as every single thread out there it does get off topic. I do feel that Phillip & I were very tactful in our debate and unlike some business owners who are quick to go name calling. That being said, let's return back to normal topic...Bodie Troll. Diggin' the artwork and hoping it's a success for those involved.