• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Revival #1 CGC 9.9 sells for $1025 on Ebay..What do you think...?

70 posts in this topic

The real question here is, did he over pay, or was it a great investment...?

Of course he overpaid. It's a $100 book in 9.8. Two people wanted it (probably for the registry) and threw down to get it. I doubt the next one hits $600.

It drives me nuts when people say 'or...is it the next Walking Dead'. Of course it isn't. There are 18k copies in circulation, the tv situation is iffy at best, and its nowhere near as good.

And I'm a fan of the book...

What's good to you, maybe great to others...I agree he did overpay, but you never know in this crazy world, times are changing, we shall see ...

would it be more accurate to say maybe

"this time its different?"

:grin:

If only there was a revival thread here somewhere...

Truth.

Easy. Somebody overpaid.

Truth again.

I think some people are insane.

Truth, yet again.

someone post the link, i want to see that this is legit, and i still wont believe until i see feedback on both sides once its shipped.

Linky

My thoughts...

I'm lucky enough to own one of these and do I think this is a $1000 book? Honestly, no.

Do I think people are crazy enough to pay that price? Absolutely.

I had this book pegged at $500 tops, but it's always cool to watch something like this happen.

I guess at the end of the day it's really worth what an individual collector is willing to pay for it. I do hope it was a legitmate sale (no funny business).

(thumbs u

What's good to you, maybe great to others...I agree he did overpay, but you never know in this crazy world, times are changing, we shall see ...

I keep trying to figure out your posts. I'm close to giving up. $1k for that book and you just witnessed a change. There is no investment potential at that point if you see comics as an investment.

I keep trying to figure out your posts. I'm close to giving up. $1k for that book and you just witnessed a change. There is no investment potential at that point if you see comics as an investment.

did you think 44 was a favorite issue #? it's his stanford-binet score.

People thought when Hulk 181 sold for a 1K, the person who bought it was said to be crazy!

People thought when Hulk 181 sold for a 1K, the person who bought it was said to be crazy!

At the time, Wolverine was around for what, 20 years, as the most popular character in comics? Revival has been around 6 months.

did you think 44 was a favorite issue #? it's his stanford-binet score.

I'm contributing to my own frustration that this isn't in the Revival Thread, but lol