• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dallas Comicon -- May 17-19, 2013 -- Romita Jr, Shatner, Steranko, Fillion

156 posts in this topic

I'm ready for this weekend. I've got a stack of cash just waiting to be spent. Hopefully there are some good comic dealers this year.

:wishluck: but not holding my breath. There will be a couple of good ones, I just have to hope they have a book or two I need. I'll likely be dropping most of my cash with DWC on SS fees.

+1. I think there are some books to be had, but it's looking like $1 box diving, with a few opportunities to grab books at double eBay rates. I really hope I'm wrong and we all have the best show we have ever had. Feel free to take pics for a con report, and post what you are wearing (if you want to meet fellow boardies). Bubbagump will have a booth, usually he is in the front corner to the left, duncanville will be there in force, and a few other boardies will be in the mix. Mysterio and I will be there (we are usually easy to find, we have briefcases on shoulder straps), feel free to say hi!

You guys need to stop by and say hi. I've also picked up 35-40 or so prehero ST, JIM, TOS, TTA since the last show among other stuff. I won't be there on Saturday due to a wedding but my brother will be working the booth.

I'm ready for this weekend. I've got a stack of cash just waiting to be spent. Hopefully there are some good comic dealers this year.

:wishluck: but not holding my breath. There will be a couple of good ones, I just have to hope they have a book or two I need. I'll likely be dropping most of my cash with DWC on SS fees.

+1. I think there are some books to be had, but it's looking like $1 box diving, with a few opportunities to grab books at double eBay rates. I really hope I'm wrong and we all have the best show we have ever had. Feel free to take pics for a con report, and post what you are wearing (if you want to meet fellow boardies). Bubbagump will have a booth, usually he is in the front corner to the left, duncanville will be there in force, and a few other boardies will be in the mix. Mysterio and I will be there (we are usually easy to find, we have briefcases on shoulder straps), feel free to say hi!

You guys need to stop by and say hi. I've also picked up 35-40 or so prehero ST, JIM, TOS, TTA since the last show among other stuff. I won't be there on Saturday due to a wedding but my brother will be working the booth.

We know we can always count on you for some goodies! :headbang: I'll mostly be there Saturday, but hopefully I'll get to run into you to say hi.

I will be there early on Friday, Can't wait to see the new books!

If he's not listed on the site I wouldn't count on him being there, but one book isn't too unwieldy to carry around if you want to take a shot.

+1

I highly doubt he would be there and not be on the guest list. He was listed on the guest list last year when he was there.

Yep, saw that email. There are people lighting torches and sharpening pitchforks right about now. It'll be interesting to see how it goes, but this will almost certainly be a big blow to this show. Luckily I wasn't getting anything done by him, but I'm sure plenty of folks had him as their #1 (or only) get.

Do y'all have VIP or regular passes? I'm just going tomorrow but last year I got there 1.5 hours prior to opening and finally got in an hour after opening. I'm curious with this barcode system if things will be better this year. In any case I'm shooting to get there at about 9.

I got there 40 min after the show opened and there was still the line from the parking garage filing in, and they wouldn't let others in til the line was done. Crazy! The show was fairly full, but not to capacity by any means. DWC was set up away from both Romita JR, and where Steranko will sign tomorrow, so I don't know how that will affect the speed of Sig Series, but I can't imagine it will be as smooth as it was in years past. From the dealers I spoke to, the sales have not been too brisk so far, hope that changes for them tomorrow.

So far I have been pretty sucessful, I have over half my raw books signed, and just some easy lines and Sig Series for tomorrow. Steranko will be the long one, but I think it will hopefully go pretty smooth.

The artists/actors upstairs seemed to do a pretty decent business today, with the longest lines being Conroy and Frank (the power ranger). McGuyver was also pretty busy and had a long line. There was more of the comic artists on the third floor which is new, but I think it works out well. It's not really advertised well, but they are where some of the actors have been the past couple of shows ( big room on third floor ).

As far as the dealers go, they are all pretty much the sames ones from past years, with all the same stock. If you've seen a book there in February, it's probably back for May. Plenty of posters, t-shirts, toys, patches, wood cut outs, green screens, sports autographs, jewelry, bracelets, and Dr. Who stuff, but very very little in the way of VINTAGE COMICS at a comic show. Do all that other stuff at Fan Days, or Sci Fi expo. Please get some more real comic dealers at a show labeled Comic Con. ( Just rename this show "Comic Related Autograph and loosely branded comic book stuff" Convention)

Thanks to Boyd and Rick for having a nice selection of older books. There are also a few others, but it just burns me to come to something labled as a comic show, and have about 1/4 of the booths be devoted to comics.

Tomorrow I will be in black shorts, black polo, black hat with a white '78' on it. I'll be walking around with Mysterio. Feel free to say "Hi".