• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dallas Comicon -- May 17-19, 2013 -- Romita Jr, Shatner, Steranko, Fillion

156 posts in this topic

Thanks. Dallas is about 6hours away. I would love to go to one of these but the artist guest list needs to be realy good/new to me.

The lists haven't been bad, but I hope they step up there game a little. :wishluck:

There was supposed to be a major headliner announced at the show on Sunday but we left Saturday afternoon. I checked the web page and their Facebook page and there was nothing I could see...

The word I got was that Shatner is going to be there. Not sure if that is old news or not.

Thanks. Dallas is about 6hours away. I would love to go to one of these but the artist guest list needs to be realy good/new to me.

The lists haven't been bad, but I hope they step up there game a little. :wishluck:

Yeah, we're about a 5 hour drive away so I know what you mean. I had low expectations for this February show but it turned out to be pretty good. Considering it wasn't focused as a comics show there were a fair amount of dealers and comic talent, and since the May show is focused on comics it should hopefully be stronger.

The word I got was that Shatner is going to be there. Not sure if that is old news or not.

That was our guess, as he was featured on the back cover of the program in a spot where they were talking about the May show. Still haven't seen anything on the website. I want to see a strong comics lineup.

Shatner is now officially listed on their Facebook feed as the first guest for the May show. Apparently more names will follow...

The nearby La Quinta in Las Colinas is a great place to stay for the cons at the Irving Convention Center. Reasonable, close to restaurants, and they run a shuttle to and from the Convention Center so you don't have to worry about paying for parking.

Can't say that I'm super impressed by the guest list so far, and with the Big Wow show in California being the same weekend (AGAIN) that will not help this show draw guests. I'm not sure if this consistent scheduling conflict is a coincidence or the result of poor planning, but it sucks to have it happen over and over. This is at least the second year in a row this has happened. :cry:

guests so far:

William Shatner, LaVar Burton, Brent Spiner, Gates McFadden (Star Trek)

Eric Canete, Doug Sneyd (Playboy), Arthur Suydam, Phil Noto, Amanda Connor, Dave Johnson, Andrew Robinson, Jimmy Palmiotti,

Natasha Henstridge, Ioan Gruffudd (Mr. Fantastic), Jason David Frank (Green Ranger), Catherine Sutherland (pink Ranger), Ernie Hudson (ghostbuster), John Noble (fringe), Jasika Nicole (fringe)

Pretty extensive list!

I'll be going but I'm not too impressed with the guest list either. I'm hoping Brooks or Noto have some Uncanny X-force pages for sale. This will be my 3rd year going and last year I went on Saturday only and it was a disaster. I bought some comics but to be a comic convention there didn't seem to be that many comic vendors. Hopefully one of these years they'll move it to Dallas Convention Center and try to compete or at least be in the same league as the big cons, Dallas sure is big enough to handle it.