• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Walking Dead or the Grammys

42 posts in this topic

Walking Dead!

And Daryl's decision last night was a tough one. Man, I hated seeing him walk back into those woods.

First, is there even a reason to ask. WD!

Second, previews show Daryl crossing little bridge by prison. He'll be back. Plus, Carol and him need to" hook up"(Mrs. K-Dog's hope :luhv:).

Which one did you watch, if either, and do you think the return of the walking dead is bigger news than the grammys?

hm

I can't stand watching award shows. I just read about who won the next day or after the award show is over..i.e. grammy's this time.

I watched the "Walking Dead" for the first time and I need to watch it from the beginning to find out what is going on. Seems like a pretty good show despite the gruesomeness.

Walking Dead, definitely. Up until last night, I had never read the comics. I only watched the show. But this past week I read all the issues released so far, and it's really cool to see how situations and characters differ from the comics and the show. A lot of the same things have happened in both, but with different characters.

Climb out from under your ancient, antiquated, archaic and offensively old rock and get a DVR you cheap bastich!!! :baiting:

The WD was good, I actually enjoyed the Grammys this year. The performances were great, and actually sung live, Bruno Mars and Sting were great, Rhianna was smoking hot, Justin Timberlake very nearly stole my heart.

1) They need to reign in Rick's character, he is becoming cliched.

2) Tyrese is a good choice and Michonne is super duper annoying.

3) The Govenor belongs in Downton Abbey, not Woodbury, he's a terrible casting choice.

4) I dig Hershel's rat tail.

5) That baby is too fat for Hollywood, she needs to lose like 7 ounces.

6) With decaying life, rotting flesh and society asunder, it's a miracle that their green Hyundai remains gleaming clean and factory fresh.

7) This is not Downton Abbey, Govenor aside, there should be a zombie killed at least every 5 minutes.

8) That guy from the MTV dating show in the 90's is a big person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed and there isn't a need to "talk" about the show for an hour. Hearing the actors discuss the nuisances of their characters is vomitus.

9) I still love the show.

Climb out from under your ancient, antiquated, archaic and offensively old rock and get a DVR you cheap bastich!!! :baiting:

The WD was good, I actually enjoyed the Grammys this year. The performances were great, and actually sung live, Bruno Mars and Sting were great, Rhianna was smoking hot, Justin Timberlake very nearly stole my heart.

1) They need to reign in Rick's character, he is becoming cliched. (thumbs u

2) Tyrese is a good choice and Michonne is super duper annoying. (thumbs u

3) The Govenor belongs in Downton Abbey, not Woodbury, he's a terrible casting choice. (shrug)

4) I dig Hershel's rat tail. lol

5) That baby is too fat for Hollywood, she needs to lose like 7 ounces. lol

6) With decaying life, rotting flesh and society asunder, it's a miracle that their green Hyundai remains gleaming clean and factory fresh. :applause:

7) This is not Downton Abbey, Govenor aside, there should be a zombie killed at least every 5 minutes. (shrug)

8) That guy from the MTV dating show in the 90's is a big person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed and there isn't a need to "talk" about the show for an hour. Hearing the actors discuss the nuisances of their characters is vomitus. (thumbs u

9) I still love the show.

(worship)

My wife and I spent this weekend and last night getting caught up with season 2 (watching the finale tonight). We've gone through most of our other shows, and are finally getting around to this one. I know I'm in the minority, and not trying to be snarky - but I expected TWD on television to be much better than it is. The episodes are incredibly slow, and they have an annoying habit of cutting away to other scenes for 10-15 seconds to establish nothing in the plot. The characters on the show are unique, but poorly developed. The death of Dale? Missed opportunity. The death of Shane? Horrible. Carl drawing his gun before he even gets up as a Zombie? WTF was he going to do initially? Shoot his dad? Sighhhh. The show is full of this nonsense.

Anyways - the show is hard to watch. We're finishing it up because we have time invested, but unless something amazing happens in the finale, we are probably not watching season 3. And I really liked the book (up to #100) - which is perhaps why I'm so critical of the show, perhaps.

Well i can tell you that if you chose to watch walking dead then you made the right choice. Grammies are always gonna be a joke nowadays. Rihanna looked even more whorish than usual. Seeing Sting perform with bruno mars after the guy is making millions on a song he ripped off from the guy just actually made me a little sick. most performances were rap/pop garbage. not much good rock out there these days, so that basicially sums it up. i should have watched the walking dead myself

We watched the marathon to catch up on season 3, then watched the new WD episode twice.

I'm not even sure what the Grammy's are. Pretty sure I don't care.

Both - and it was kind of cool seeing Zac Brown lead off on a cover of The Band's, "The Weight."

Although, blasphemy to some, I am a big fan of the Little Feat cover of "The Weight" and listen to that more than the original.