• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2014 price predictions- post 'em here!

69 posts in this topic

Playtime:

So this is in 11 months time then - Jan 2014.

All for 9.8 blues GPA 3 month average:

Saga - $250 (supply finally catches up)

PP - $1200 (BBC show confirmed)

TWD - $3300 (Season 4 keeps it going)

ToT - $40 (no TV Show)

Bedlam - $175 (new readers every month - still only be #15)

Chew - $150 (For fans only now)

Y-The Last Man - $750 (This is just waiting to go boom,I'm telling you, sold a 9.6 yesterday for $250)

East of West - $60 (slow and steady - only issue #7)

Bodie Troll - $75 (now an ongoing)

Robots vs Zombies - $350 (2nd film started on,my only copy flew out the door at $150 2 weeks ago)

Sixth Gun - $300 (show announced,not many about)

RIPD - $150 (movie good,new arc released)

Revival - $150 (keeps on creeping up)

Others I have no interest in.

Fun game. Is there a prize?

I know CBT - I just can't stand the bloody thing - I really have a bit of a hate relationship with this book.

Theres nothing original about it, and take Kirkmans name off the cover and its probably cancelled or in $1 bins by now.

I know you like it sorry and all that,but it leaves me cold.

We can't all like the same thinks thankfully!

the pilot will get made, the show may suck and bomb, but AMC essentially solicited the book, from their golden goose, and they didnt do it to not have another whack at a hit show.

Let me aks you this, IF the show gets made, and airs every week next to WD, what do you think it's worth(the reg 1st print, and the variants)?

Also, those PP, WD, and Y prices are a bit optimistic i think, at least the PP is predicated on the show happening.

CGC 9.8 Blue Prices for first issues in no particular order

Saga $175

Saga RRP $950

ToT $150

Revival $70

Panzerfaust $350

YTLM $550

Bedlam $85

Chew $600

TWD $2250

Sixth Gun $250

Nowhere Men $250

Nowhere Men Thought Bubble $750

East of West $50

If the show is made and is being aired,then $600-$700 would have to be the top end figure surely,even with the number of slabs floating about.

The WD isn't high mate - its already sold above that - a blue 9.8 sold for $3500 last month and is ranked 21st on the all-time moderns price list.

The ave is now $2250.

Supply for #1 is dwindling,demand continues to grow.

Its a pop-culture stalwart now, and just like TMNT isn't going anywhere.

Kirkman has said x infinity he want to get to issue #300 - so thats another 19 years!

Y-The Last man is soft if anything.

With the news that New Line are finally considering a trilogy - all bets are off.

I spend way too much time on the net, and all I'm hearing is that it is a gnats- width away from being greenlit.

When that happens you'll be trying to kill to get one.

I have 3,and I am looking everyday nearly - finding anything near 9.8 is really, really difficult.

Look at the ebay buyers, they are long-time and serious comic people.

PP, as stated depends onthe show - but I personally don't see much easing in price until its coming to a close and the show has still not been confirmed.

I'm selling 75% of mine btw so I guess I'm a fence-sitter!

Saga $250

Saga RRP $1200

ToT $250

ToT ComicPro $600

Revival $125

Panzerfaust $400

YTLM $300

Bedlam $100

Chew $300

TWD $2250

Sixth Gun $175

Nowhere Men $100

Nowhere Men Thought Bubble $275

East of West $100

Saga $175

Saga RRP $950

ToT $150

Revival $70

Panzerfaust $350

YTLM $550

Bedlam $85

Chew $600

TWD $2250

Sixth Gun $250

Nowhere Men $250

East of West $50

+1 except I see Chew a smidgen lower @400 and Saga rrp @ 1400

Saga $175

Saga RRP $950

ToT $150

Revival $70

Panzerfaust $350

YTLM $550

Bedlam $85

Chew $600

TWD $2250

Sixth Gun $250

Nowhere Men $250

East of West $50

$750 for the thought Bubble?

You really rate this book that highly Solar?

hm

Y-The Last man is soft if anything.

With the news that New Line are finally considering a trilogy - all bets are off.

I spend way too much time on the net, and all I'm hearing is that it is a gnats- width away from being greenlit.

When that happens you'll be trying to kill to get one.

I have 3,and I am looking everyday nearly - finding anything near 9.8 is really, really difficult.

Look at the ebay buyers, they are long-time and serious comic people.

PP, as stated depends onthe show - but I personally don't see much easing in price until its coming to a close and the show has still not been confirmed.

I'm selling 75% of mine btw so I guess I'm a fence-sitter!

movies just dont push issues, unless its an old overlooked BIG TWO KEY, one off comic characters need a show to have longevity.

I agree the walking dead will forever be the top key of this age, even if the market collapses, it will stay on top. I do think that this is its golden age though, and it will be 10-15 years before prices rise back up to the levels of 2012-2014

I think PP will hover around the current level, then push new highs with the web comic. I doubt the show ever gets made, but if it did, it could test $1000.

Well sucks that none came to Australia then eh!

We will disagree again CBT on 'Y' :slapfight:

But I'm telling ya - there is a LOT of love for this book.

Oh for a crystal ball lol

(thumbs u

Yeah I believe TB variant will have a high 500-700 ticket on it as well. Looked through every one for sale so far and Ive only seen a few that were 9.8(mostly from one person)

Many of the normal NWM issues seem to have common imperfections as well.

Do RRP prices usually decline as a series progresses and demand dwindles? Or do they continue to rise if a series has a long, excellent run/completion?

Ive very little experience in RRP dealings, so Im trying to decide when is good to make an attempt on dat Saga :D

Yeah I believe TB variant will have a high 500-700 ticket on it as well. Looked through every one for sale so far and Ive only seen a few that were 9.8(mostly from one person)

Many of the normal NWM issues seem to have common imperfections as well.

Do RRP prices usually decline as a series progresses and demand dwindles? Or do they continue to rise if a series has a long, excellent run/completion?

Ive very little experience in RRP dealings, so Im trying to decide when is good to make an attempt on dat Saga :D

comic books act like commodities/stocks, they will have long term trends, and short term movements.

Buy the dips, sell the peaks,

and dollar cost average yourself into the price points you are willing to pay.

RRP is currently like a birkshire preferred. High entry point, but solid floor. I think the long term trend will continue up, but nothing can chart a path straight up.

"The time" to buy the Saga RRP was back around August/September, right around the time they announced that they would be skipping a month. that seemed to signal to many that the series was about to take a downturn.

Earlier in the summer, the book was much higher, i want to say in the $600 area for 9.8s. during "the dip" they were in the $300 area

Saga $250

Saga RRP $1200

ToT $250

ToT ComicPro $600

Revival $125

Panzerfaust $400

YTLM $300

Bedlam $100

Chew $300

TWD $2250

Sixth Gun $175

Nowhere Men $100

Nowhere Men Thought Bubble $275

East of West $100

ToT $250, lol....Get rid of them now ....And how can you say a movie or series doesn't help a book, are you kidding me with that remark.. Please don't ever pick any stocks for me ...