• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Holy Moly - I have a problem with a dark side

6 posts in this topic

Yep

Still no grades. It's now 15 business days since my books were graded, and I'm really excited to know my grades and add them to my sets...but they're not shipped, so no grades.

Sadness follows me all of my days. (all 150 days that they have had these books).

Oh well - ECCC is next month and I'm busy working on my budget. So many cool people and books to have signed: Claremont, Adams, ONeil, Grell, Bisley, Mack, and more...and more...

I'm going to have to limit myself...but I have four in hand for Adams, and that's where my main con money is going...

I just can't wait.

Lee K

See more journals by Lee K

Arg...that sucks. Do you have tracking info to find out if they've even left? (shrug)

CGC is like the phone company prior to the big 80s break-up, when there was only choice. Company slogan is basically: "We're CGC, we don't have to care."

Viable competition would be nice.

When you say viable you mean not PGX right.lol. I myself have never sent them anything, and they usually do not realize the prices that CGC does, but over the past year I think more people have been using them. I have noticed on e-bay that they have gone from just a handful of books in completed auctions to over 5000. Of course CGC’s completed are around 50000 so we all know who the people want.

Lee, 150 days for what value or economy, right? I wonder why those tiers would be longer than actual turnaround time than Modern that has been a little quicker than the actual.

I have an order of moderns that will be 100 Business days on friday. They are graded but same as you Lee. NO grade. IM thinking thats how they can say that they have their expected turn around times, just by saying yep they are graded 2-3 weeks earlier then they really are.

Economy of course.

It just seems like they don't ever actually fix the bottleneck, they just move it to a different department.

Ah well - there's a con to look forward to and money in my pocket.

Lee

mree1129 - When did you send in your books? I sent one group in and estimating business days I get around 70 - 75 depending on how many days they took off for Holiday's or acts of God.

While I do wish I could send in everything with the fast track service financially I figure its fine if I do the patient thing and wait. At the average I've been going the cost of a fast track prevents me from sending in 5 extra books.

All I can hope is that the bottle necking isn't to bad with everyone fast tracking during this upcoming Con season.

Lee K. - Adams is an amazing guy but unless you get a commission from him or purchase a few of his prints he does typically charge $10 per signature. I usually just plan ahead and contact his son Jason for a Sketch and place a down payment when I send it and pay it off when I get there. From the way I always place him as first in my list of artists to see and get signatures on its actually cheaper doing it this way for me. Last time I saw him I had 11 books for him to sign.