• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The official Uncanny X-men thread SPOILERS WITHIN

57 posts in this topic

I loved this new i#1! I've liked All new X-men, but this one is off to a great start. What's weird is from the very moment it started i knew that was going to be Magneto. I admit, i wavered on that thought a bit with it being obvious that the character had a shaved head, but at the very beginning i thought "Magneto is pulling something at SHIELD." That last page was perfect.

I like the cast chosen for this book. It's like Cyclops and a bunch of Villains with a few naive kids thrown in. Although, Cyclops has been very much the villain lately, so maybe it's just a big bunch of villains, and villains to be. Emma Frost, Magneto, Majik, Cyclops....AND NO WOLVERINE. I love me some wolverine, but i'm totally ok with him not being on every team the marvel universe has.

I thought Bachalo had lost it for a very long while, but he seems to have gotten better lately. Bendis is Bendis. I would let him write anything.

Uncanny X-force and All new X-men have both been very good, but this first issue knocked it out of the park for me very unlike the last several years of x-book reboots. Thoughts?

Just finished it and I gotta say that Im more excited for this than All New X-Men. I thought Bendis wrote this really well and I loved the introduction of the so called mutant terrorist group.

Looking forward to seeing more of Bachalos work as well - the layouts in previews of next issues look really nice

Read it and enjoyed it.

Not quite as much as All-New but still an enjoyable read. I think it will certainly be a grower, once the dynamic between the two books begins to develop.

One thing I didn't like was Scott's new visor (?). The new version just looks bizarre.

Looking forward to seeing Magik develop as a character.

Glad someone started this thread.

Read thge book last night and really enjoyed it. I was a little surprised by the Magneto reveal at the end... however, by reading his justification I understand his reasoning.

I just keep thinking that this book now has a "Dark Avengers" feel to it.

I would love to see Cyclops recruit one of the original X-Men from the past. Perhaps Angel?

Looking forward to the next issue!

I enjoyed this issue too. So happy to have Uncanny X-Men back!! The King has returned.

Also I think Magneto is a double agent. What better way to find out who is sending the Sentinels than infiltrating S.H.I.E.L.D. from the inside?

I enjoyed this issue too. So happy to have Uncanny X-Men back!! The King has returned.

Also I think Magneto is a double agent. What better way to find out who is sending the Sentinels than infiltrating S.H.I.E.L.D. from the inside?

I like it! Magneto ain't no rat!

I like it! Magneto ain't no rat!

I agree! I guess I'm just afraid that Bendis will ignore prior characterization Mags received under Gillen's pen. And BMB has been known to do such things....

I didn't even think of that. That could very well be! Good call!!!

I would've picked up this title but after years of hating Bachalo's artwork, I just don't buy anything that he's worked on anymore. It's a shame because sometimes they are well written books but the artwork just spoils it for me. Just started picking up Wolverine and the X Men now that someone else is on the art.

I would've picked up this title but after years of hating Bachalo's artwork, I just don't buy anything that he's worked on anymore. It's a shame because sometimes they are well written books but the artwork just spoils it for me. Just started picking up Wolverine and the X Men now that someone else is on the art.

I agree.

I still think turning them into the new Brotherhood of Evil would be an excellent storyline... and punishment for all the Phoenix Force shenanigans. Magik is bordering on evil anyway.

I thought Bachalo had lost it for a very long while, but he seems to have gotten better lately.

I totally disagree. Bachalo's art is horrible! I've never liked anything he has done. I picked up this book because I am a die-hard X-men fan. I liked the writing, but the art is a big distraction. I just hope Bachalo isn't on the book long. I don't think I'll be able to stay with the title for long if he is. 2c

I've been looking forward to this #1 for quite some time! So glad that it didn't disappoint!

I was really worried about the new costumes for Cyke and the group but I have to say I really think they work well! I'm trusting Bendis a lot to not screw up Cyclops either! I think he needs to walk that fine line between mutant revolutionary and villain/terrorist... But if they make him a full out baddie I think they've gone to far!

I'm so excited to see where Bendis takes this series!

is this title something i can read and enjoy, not knowing anything that happened in the past?

That is Marvel's plan and the first issue seems to be tending that way, but knowing the history may cloud my judgement. It's worth checking out ( disclaimer: I still have issues with Bachalo's art)

I thought Bachalo had lost it for a very long while, but he seems to have gotten better lately.

I totally disagree. Bachalo's art is horrible! I've never liked anything he has done. I picked up this book because I am a die-hard X-men fan. I liked the writing, but the art is a big distraction. I just hope Bachalo isn't on the book long. I don't think I'll be able to stay with the title for long if he is. 2c

Frazer Irving will be on art starting with issue #5 (although I think he is sharing arc duties with Bachelo).

Here is the link: http://www.newsarama.com/comics/uncanny-x-men-revolution-frazer-irving-bendis.html