• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Puck to be in Future Past movie?

135 posts in this topic

Who's the Vision?

:baiting:

Is it too much to ask to make one measly $200 million movie just to please me???

If they can explain how the Vision flies while intangible, it will be worth it.

Back to Puck, I think I'd be insulted as a Canadian, if this is all I can come up with as a character name. Was Goalie already in use by somebody? Was Hoser too eclectic?

Whatever explanation they come up with cant make less sense than how the Hulk is "always angry" (shrug)

I thought that was weird

Yeah, you and every single other person over the age of 3 that saw the movie!

I forced my wife and daughter to go see it on my Birthday. My daughter is 10 and knows absolutely zero about superheroes. She'd never even heard of any of the characters or anything about them before the movie. Like 10 seconds after that scene, she whispered in my ear "i dont get, how does always being angry make him turn into the Hulk???". I was like " (shrug) "

I think you are reading far too much into something that was meant as a joke.

Who's the Vision?

Is it too much to ask to make one measly $200 million movie just to please me???

Back to Puck, I think I'd be insulted as a Canadian, if this is all I can come up with as a character name. Was Goalie already in use by somebody? Was Hoser too eclectic?

Whatever explanation they come up with cant make less sense than how the Hulk is "always angry" (shrug)

I thought that was weird

I forced my wife and daughter to go see it on my Birthday. My daughter is 10 and knows absolutely zero about superheroes. She'd never even heard of any of the characters or anything about them before the movie. Like 10 seconds after that scene, she whispered in my ear "i dont get, how does always being angry make him turn into the Hulk???". I was like " (shrug) "

I took it to mean that he can control when he can turn into the Hulk. It has nothing to do with being angry. He literally turned into the Hulk right after saying that. Hence his secret.

I think you just won a No Prize :roflmao:

Can't think of many other diminutive characters that they might be including. hm

http://www.newsarama.com/film/peter-dinklage-x-men-days-of-future-past.html

I would hope that they chose to add him to the cast because he is a good actor and not because they needed someone to play Puck.

If they chose him as Puck, I hope they completely change the character from the comic books and give him some abilities other than being short.

Who's the Vision?

I thought that was weird

I took it to mean that he can control when he can turn into the Hulk. It has nothing to do with being angry. He literally turned into the Hulk right after saying that. Hence his secret.

I think you just won a No Prize :roflmao:

My son asked me the same thing in the theater. I told him the same thing then.

Who's the Vision?

I thought that was weird

That line was supposed to be a joke??? ???

If thats the case, it DEFINITELY went WAY over my head

Who's the Vision?

I thought that was weird

Nerd. It's a four letter word with one vowel. Just like Park.

Who's the Vision?

I thought that was weird

There's a Puck pun.

Who's the Vision?

I thought that was weird

I think people are over analyzing a bad line that made no sense in context. it is what it is (shrug)

Who's the Vision?

I thought that was weird

I think people are over analyzing a bad line that made no sense in context. it is what it is (shrug)

That was my take on it (shrug)

Who's the Vision?

I thought that was weird

And Puck.

Who's the Vision?

I thought that was weird

So is stud.

I incorporate both equally and awesomely.

Who's the Vision?

I thought that was weird

It made sense to me. Call it a catch phrase or a bad line but I thought the meaning, while not crystal, was clear. He didn't need to be angry to become the Hulk. (shrug)

Am I alone in that thinking?

Who's the Vision?

I thought that was weird

It made sense to me. Call it a catch phrase or a bad line but I thought the meaning, while not crystal, was clear. He didn't need to be angry to become the Hulk. (shrug)

You could be right. It never occurred that Whedon would have the balls to just ditch the whole "turns into the Hulk when he gets angry" angle (shrug)

Who's the Vision?

I thought that was weird

Why would he say his secret is he's always angry if he didn't need to be angry? Nothing in Ruffalo's delivery made me think he was being sarcastic or joking.

With the probably hundreds of former Xmen thruout the years, can someone explain how in the hell Puck could be chosen to be in the movie?!?

Next, theyre gonna announce that Mantis will be starring in Avengers 2 instead of the Vision :facepalm:

Mantis? :whee::whee::whee:

:luhv:

:gossip: He's been told this before. He's either ignoring it or doesn't buy it

Why would he say his secret is he's always angry if he didn't need to be angry? Nothing in Ruffalo's delivery made me think he was being sarcastic or joking.

It is just a catch phrase way of saying that he didn't need to be angry to become the Hulk. Short, simple and easy to remember. It doesn't sound as cool to reply to Cap and say "Oh yeah, I can turn into the Hulk at any time."

It is just a catch phrase way of saying that he didn't need to be angry to become the Hulk. Short, simple and easy to remember. It doesn't sound as cool to reply to Cap and say "Oh yeah, I can turn into the Hulk at any time."

I think it was a great line. We're obviously seeing the evolution of the character.

Who's the Vision?

I thought that was weird

There's a Puck pun.

That's pucking hilarious. lol