• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

San Diego Comic-Con

19 posts in this topic

Hi All,

I was going to try to go to San Diego Comic Con this year. I have not been their for over 15 years. I used to able to just show up on the day I wanted to go and buy a ticket there. Now you need to register to buy a badge. They go on sale this Sat at 9 am. Can someone tell me how soon they sell out? Do I need to be at the computer for hours and hours to buy a badge? This process seems very intensive. Thank you.

Last year all one tickets sold out in 90 minutes I believe ---

I think they were selling around 700 tickets every 2 seconds. The best bet is to have your member ID and log into your account a few minutes before they go live.

I was lucky enough last year to score a press pass.

I have more info on my site - but don't want to post the link here - but you can go to SDCC[.]CO and I have many posts about the upcoming sale.

Did you register and get a ID already? If not then you are out of luck to even have a chance to buy them.

If you do, prepare to sit in front of your computer for a few hours and be happy when all they have is a Sunday ticket left.

The most important part is to be there and ready to go before 9 and click at 9 exactly and pray a little. Last year a friend said she went to get on at a couple minutes after and the waiting room was full.

There will be at least one more sale date with tickets before SDCC though, bu there will likely be no 4-days available.

It's pretty intense and can be really disappointing when you see the available badges sell out for what you wanted, but it could be a whole lot worse.

The most important part is to be there and ready to go before 9 and click at 9 exactly and pray a little. Last year a friend said she went to get on at a couple minutes after and the waiting room was full.

There will be at least one more sale date with tickets before SDCC though, bu there will likely be no 4-days available.

It's pretty intense and can be really disappointing when you see the available badges sell out for what you wanted, but it could be a whole lot worse.

You can GUARANTEE that all the 4 day passes will be long gone when the next sale date arrives - They usually sell out in the first hour.

You can GUARANTEE that all the 4 day passes will be long gone when the next sale date arrives - They usually sell out in the first hour.

There were some 4 days and even a few 4 day with preview night at the first resale last year. I know a person who got extremely lucky last year and got one. If I recall correctly they even sent out an email saying they had some. The odds are not in your favor, but it's possible.

EDIT- I even think you tweeted that news last year. Unless you aren't the comic con blog I follow on Twitter.

Don't forget that SDCC has already had one online sale of badges back in August, so this would be the second go around. Not sure what percentage of tickets they sold or what they were holding onto for future sales but they "sold out" back then very quickly.

Best of luck to everyone trying to score a badge. In the past I have had my wife on the laptop and me on the home computer refreshing the screens until they went on sale. It's crazy but we have logged in seconds apart and still had thousands of people between us in the que. And FYI, I have had better luck opening the page in explorer rather than firefox.

:)

August was only people who attended 2012 and the number available was very limited. They never said how many, but they warned that there was a small amount. So that wasn't truly a sale, it was like onsite reg the previous years.

Was the August 2012 sale date only for people who attended in July 2012?

Yes, it was. I participated and got only a Sunday pass. I logged on right when it opened but for some reason I was way down in the line. When my turn came up I had a chance at Sat and Sun tickets, but by the time I read the page and was ready to hit Go, the Sat tickets had sold out. So if you going to try this tomorrow, then know that alot of luck is involved even if you log in right when it opens, and when your turn comes up don't hesitate.

I've decided to not try again tomorrow. I'm going to skip SD and go to Chicago this year. SD is alot of hassle, and I went last year, so I'm happy to go to the sanity of Chicago (where, to me, the selection of comics is just as good, and the price of air/hotel/food/comics is less.

But for those who want to go to SD, good luck tomorrow.