• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM ASM 300

11 posts in this topic

Is that a corner bump on the TRC of the back cover?

If spine tics are gentle and not so many (hard to tell from the picture), I’d say in the VF/NM to NM- range, maybe 9.2? – corners and borders are pretty nice.

The TLC of the back cover seems to be a small ripe due to production, so should not incide, I guess.

No Idea with this one

7.5/8.0

I counted atleast 14 clb ticks on front alone.

Maybe Tape pull Near spidey's Thigh?

Soft corner

The black circle in the 300 area when I uploaded to paint looked like black finger print or color touch not to sure?

spidey300gradewcircles.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Thanks guys, the corners on back are both creases and the mark near spideys thigh is a red ink mark (printing defect it looks like). I thought it was about an 8.0 too, I just wanted to get a a couple more opinions before I complained to the seller. Thanks again everyone. -Steve

I can't go above an 8.0 with that much going on with the spine, the general wear on the right half of the back cover (i know, it's black...) let alone that back cover TR corner crease...and before I scrolled down I was in the 7.5 range. The dominance of black may generate some empathy, so yeah, 8.0...

The red ink is printing ink and thus no flaw, very common in mid to late 1980s books.

The spine ticks are slightly color breaking but very tiny, but it’s the corner bump that to me pretty much kills the grade. So I said 9.0 before hearing about the bump, but now, if cover is flat and no other big issue, I stay at 8.0, no less.

@tjanse: the entity of that soft corner does not prevent a 9.0, or even a 9.2 I think.

Problem are the accumulated small defects, but from a pic is always pretty much a guess. :(

Ah, I am glad I purchased a #300 around 1990. :)