• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SOLD Superman Bradman CGC 8.0 ; SOLD Elseworlds 9.6 SOLD

7 posts in this topic

Superman Bradman #nn ; Only 200 printed (and only a percentage will have survived to this day) so SUPER-RARE.

This comic was commissioned by English property tycoon Godfrey Bradman for somewhere around £10,000 (around $18,000 back then) to celebrate his son Daniel's 13th birthday (Bar Mitzvah) and was given out to his friends to mark the occasion. The comic was written by David Levin and drawn by the legendary Curt Swan with inking from Angelo Torres, who helped capture the likenesses of the Bradman family.

The comic features Godfrey's son Daniel and Andrew Hunt (Daniel's half-brother), along with the rest of the family, in a story entitled "This Island Bradman" where both Superman and the Bradman's house are transported to an alien world to serve as entertainment. Superman is trapped inside the bubble containing the house by Kryptonite beams but the boys manage to escape through an air duct and free Superman who returns them all home.

This one is from the original batch sent to Mr Bradman (in the UK) and was purchased in the UK in 2011.

SupermanBradmanCGC8.0-800x1224.jpg

Ok, this is my first post in the selling area so please be gentle :)

First of all I am in the UK but I regularly ship to the USA, Canada and Australia.

Shipping is free in the UK (Special Delivery Next Day) and discounted down to £15 (just over $23 USD) internationally via International Signed-For which normally takes around 7 working days. All shipping is inclusive of insurance.

So to the price: I am looking for £549 (around $850 USD) via Paypal invoice in GBP (Payment within 3 days), and you could own just over 9% of the CGC census ! (11 graded at time of writing).

No Probies (I will check the list), Shamers, Fraudsters, Trolls, Goblins or folk in league with the devil.

:takeit: SOLD by PM.

Elseworlds 80 Page Giant:

Although it was just a simple humorous story entitled "Letitia Lerner, Superman's Babysitter," when the super-toddler climbed into a microwave and got zapped that was too much for Paul Levitz (editor and vice-president of DC Comics) who ordered the comic pulped.

Only around 800 of these exist:

Elseworlds1RCGC9.6No1015301005.jpg

Shipping is free in the UK (Special Delivery Next Day) and discounted down to £15 (just over $23 USD) internationally via International Signed-For which normally takes around 7 working days. All shipping is inclusive of insurance.

Price: I am looking for £249 (around $386 USD) via Paypal invoice in GBP (Payment within 3 days).

No Probies or Shamers (I will check the lists), Fraudsters, Trolls, Goblins or folk in league with Sauron.

Superman Bradman #nn ; Only 200 printed (and only a percentage will have survived to this day) so SUPER-RARE.

This comic was commissioned by English property tycoon Godfrey Bradman for somewhere around £10,000 (around $18,000 back then) to celebrate his son Daniel's 13th birthday (Bar Mitzvah) and was given out to his friends to mark the occasion. The comic was written by David Levin and drawn by the legendary Curt Swan with inking from Angelo Torres, who helped capture the likenesses of the Bradman family.

The comic features Godfrey's son Daniel and Andrew Hunt (Daniel's half-brother), along with the rest of the family, in a story entitled "This Island Bradman" where both Superman and the Bradman's house are transported to an alien world to serve as entertainment. Superman is trapped inside the bubble containing the house by Kryptonite beams but the boys manage to escape through an air duct and free Superman who returns them all home.

This one is from the original batch sent to Mr Bradman (in the UK) and was purchased in the UK in 2011.

SupermanBradmanCGC8.0-800x1224.jpg

Ok, this is my first post in the selling area so please be gentle :)

First of all I am in the UK but I regularly ship to the USA, Canada and Australia.

So to the price: I am looking for £549 (around $850 USD) via Paypal invoice in GBP (Payment within 3 days), and you could own just over 9% of the CGC census ! (11 graded at time of writing).

No Probies (I will check the list), Shamers, Fraudsters, Trolls, Goblins or folk in league with the devil.

Note that this comes with a letter and some documents the seller kindly supplied to authenticate it back to Mr Bradman (definitely not a DC file copy!).

Last few days before try my luck on feebay....