• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Magazine sales threads...

18 posts in this topic

It's nice to see a couple solid magazine sales threads on the boards, Dr.X was giving away Eerie publications for about 10% of market price and CBBruce sold some handsome Skywalds. Maybe this will draw out some more great mags. :headbang:

I have a question. Why have one thread for selling mags? When someone has some material for sale they can start up a thread to sell their stuff.

I'm not looking to start a debate, but just curious as to the advantages of one thread for all mag sales as opposed to individual threads each time someone has something they want to sell.

Also, individual threads for each seller make it alot easier for buyers to find something that they may be looking for. I was looking for something to buy when I got off of my latest suspension and found it annoying to have to go to one thread and thumb through a bunch of mags that I have no interest in. With an individual thread you can see immediately what the seller has for sale right on the message board, i.e. VAMPIRELLA'S FOR SALE; EERIE'S FOR SALE, MAD FOR SALE, etc.

Anyway, just throwing in my two kopecks!

- Mike

Anyone can start a thread in the main section. I think some people wanted a place that focused on mags without the other stuff in the way. I thought it could work to draw out some mags and some people made a great effort. But I don't know that anyone had any exceptional success.

I have a number of eerie's that i got with a small collection. Not in my scope of collecting

I might be interested. What issues do you have? Any pics?

- Mike

I can get pics later just pm me. i have 139(hascomic)95,126,99,90,112,128,121,110,119,123,109 then creepy 105

I am in no way affiliated with this listing....

Not affiliated whatsoever....

But this is a fantastic score:

Al Jaffee fold-in collection

I strongly recommend that somebody buy this.

Why? Because it's a score.

I already have these books and they are genius.

They are offered elsewhere for $100+. This is a score of scores.

I am a longtime Mad freak and especially a fan of Al Jaffee. I think he is a genius.

I highly recommend the fold-in anthology collections. They are beuatifully put together and the bindings and presentation is lovely.

In another age, these books would sell like hotcakes. In the Internet age, they are already forgotten by many, but .....really, creativity is creativity. Quality is quality.

I strongly recommend you buy this and then come back here and thank me for it! Because you will definitely be thanking me. These books are as cool as any books....

That's my shpiel.

Long live Al Jaffee! The best of the best Mad Magazine artists!

I am a longtime Mad freak and especially a fan of Al Jaffee. I think he is a genius.

I highly recommend the fold-in anthology collections. They are beuatifully put together and the bindings and presentation is lovely.

In another age, these books would sell like hotcakes. In the Internet age, they are already forgotten by many, but .....really, creativity is creativity. Quality is quality.

I can't ignore such a strong endorsement from a man of your good taste. So....I just bought that baby. :banana: Softens the blow of my Mad selloff (still creeping along at a snail's pace, of course :D )

Thanks for the alert... :headbang:

You are killing me..... :eek:

I had to ask the wife how much we had in the bank,not enough this week...... :cry:

Well if you haven't sold some of these babies by the 1st,I'll be good to go. :wishluck:

I had to ask the wife how much we had in the bank,not enough this week...... :cry:

Well if you haven't sold some of these babies by the 1st,I'll be good to go. :wishluck:

:ohnoez:

Just Added

- Vampire Tales #1 : 1st Morbius Solo story

- Vampire Tales #8 : 1st Blade Solo story

- Marvel Preview #3 : 56 Page Blade Origin story written by Chris Claremont

:headbang:

I can't ignore such a strong endorsement from a man of your good taste. So....I just bought that baby. :banana: Softens the blow of my Mad selloff (still creeping along at a snail's pace, of course :D )

Thanks for the alert... :headbang:

Great to hear it! If I had been feeling more aggressive, I would have bought it just to resell (as I already have a nice copy). But I decided to share the wuv instead. Glad you bought it, because I know you know your Mad-ness.

:ohnoez:

Just Added

- Vampire Tales #1 : 1st Morbius Solo story

- Vampire Tales #8 : 1st Blade Solo story

- Marvel Preview #3 : 56 Page Blade Origin story written by Chris Claremont

:headbang:

Just Added

- Rampaging Hulk #1 : 1977 Ken Barr Cover

Just Added

- Rampaging Hulk #1 : 1977 Ken Barr Cover

Bereet's first appearance! (GOTG movie)

:gossip::ohnoez:hm

Bereet is “interesting” because of her long history with the Hulk. She was a female Krylorian techno-artist who used her alien technology to produce films concerning fictional adventures of herself and the Hulk. Krylorians first appeared in Rampaging Hulk #1 (January 1977). In the comics, Bereet later traveled to Earth and became involved with the Hulk while he had Bruce Banner’s intelligence, befriending the Hulk and his sidekick Rick Jones.

The-uuuur she is...

Image0111.jpg