• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC 2013 Tickets. Anyone have any luck today getting passes?

56 posts in this topic

Hey,

Just curious did any of you guys luck out and get your SDCC tickets for this year?

Judging from a bunch of posts on my Facebook page it seems no one was able to get tickets. :(

I feel bad for a lot of comic fans over the past couple years that can't attend this show anymore and the comic dealers who have less customers attending.

They have been saying for years they are going to extend the convention center, but just like the Chargers getting a new stadium San Diego is one of the stupidest cities in this country for not having the common sense to make money. Same reason the NFL will not okay them hosting a Superbowl anymore till they get a new stadium.

I think San Diego should have two locations for Comic Con, one for these stupid Twlight losers who take up all the tickets. You know the ones that come to the show with 0 money. Then have a second location that is just for comics, and you can purchase different tickets for each that way everyone will just flock to the TV/Movie side of comic con, and the real comic book tickets will be readily available for purchase.

...as sad as it is, San Diego's primary concern is most likely for Admission fees.... of which the lion's share will be from the very folks that aren't really spending much with vendors. Many exhibitors will use this venue as a marketing write off. I used to want to attend this show once before I died but this is no longer the case. My "Mecca" is Baltimore or Heroes.....although I would daydream from time to time about attending Chicago....GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

...as sad as it is, San Diego's primary concern is most likely for Admission fees.... of which the lion's share will be from the very folks that aren't really spending much with vendors. Many exhibitors will use this venue as a marketing write off. I used to want to attend this show once before I died but this is no longer the case. My "Mecca" is Baltimore or Heroes.....although I would daydream from time to time about attending Chicago....GOD BLESS...

Chicago is by leaps and bounds the best city in this country for comic con.

SOT (a friend of Shy-Town Comic Cons)

I'll be there (first time.)

With no new twilight to pimp, I cannot imagine it being overrun by them. Am I that wrong?

I can see some big panels around Star Wars hype and the Marvel and DC movies on the horizon (all more comic related than Twilight.)

I have had a love/hate relationship with SDCC for about five years now.I think the last straw was having my family and friends have to stand in a line all night just to get tickets for the next years Con.Having a hotel room "The Hilton" right across the street from the convention center,you guys know that hotel is 600.00 dollars a night.I didn't even get a chance to sleep or even relax in the hotel,600 bucks gone! I'm not a big spender at the Con,but I do bring anywhere from 6K to 10K to the show,and now that revenue stream is gone for the sellers there.I hope I can still work something out with Rick Whitelock to buy a book from him there,but that's it.I wouldn't want to stay there.I enjoy Terry's show in Yorba Linda much better than San Diego.

Good riddence San Diego,it's been fun. meh

I have had a love/hate relationship with SDCC for about five years now.I think the last straw was having my family and friends have to stand in a line all night just to get tickets for the next years Con.Having a hotel room "The Hilton" right across the street from the convention center,you guys know that hotel is 600.00 dollars a night.I didn't even get a chance to sleep or even relax in the hotel,600 bucks gone!

That's bloody ridiculous. :facepalm:

To hell with sdcc

Move here.. You'll find a way every year to get in. (thumbs u

(And the weather ain't to bad either)

Except for housing and gas prices.

Gas prices here shoot up ten cents literally in the last two hours since I left and came back.

$4.19 is avg now. :facepalm:

I have had a love/hate relationship with SDCC for about five years now.I think the last straw was having my family and friends have to stand in a line all night just to get tickets for the next years Con.Having a hotel room "The Hilton" right across the street from the convention center,you guys know that hotel is 600.00 dollars a night.I didn't even get a chance to sleep or even relax in the hotel,600 bucks gone! I'm not a big spender at the Con,but I do bring anywhere from 6K to 10K to the show,and now that revenue stream is gone for the sellers there.I hope I can still work something out with Rick Whitelock to buy a book from him there,but that's it.I wouldn't want to stay there.I enjoy Terry's show in Yorba Linda much better than San Diego.

It's sad. If comic collectors can't get in the few comic dealers still doing this show will quit coming.

I like SDCC, but it's just too much hassle. Getting tickets is hard. Getting an affordable hotel room in Gaslamp is just as hard. Lines to get in are long, lines to get into panels are long. Everything (hotel, food, airfare) is expensive. Having gone last year, I'm fine with skipping this year and instead will go to Chicago where everything is easy and less expensive.

It's sad. If comic collectors can't get in the few comic dealers still doing this show will quit coming.

All 3 of my dealer friends have stopped in the last few years.

Too much hassle, not enough profit.

Been there & done it, now that I am here on the east coast I can not wait for NYCC! SDCC seems to be less about comics and everything else that ties into comics. Not a bad thing but it just draws in to much of everything else. There was dealers there that had nothing & I mean nothing to do with comics. I was able to get tickets on the retry of rolling out tickets last time. I honestly think there has to be a better way to offer up tickets but as long as they still can sell them as they currently are they will never seek to improve.

Heroes.