• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Identity Crisis #3 SPOILER THREAD

76 posts in this topic

I think we're all missing one very important "ex"... Green Arrow's Black Canary.

I don't have a copy of IC 1 in front of me, so I don't know if she's featured there or not... but if this trend keeps up, wouldn't she be a likely victim?

...Nah,...Canarys been around since 1947,...and she's hot right now in BOP,...it has to be a major player that could be replaced by a second or partner like Kyle Raynor,...or someone that doesn't have any story-line running like Elongated man or Zatanna,....

I think we're all missing one very important "ex"... Green Arrow's Black Canary.

I don't have a copy of IC 1 in front of me, so I don't know if she's featured there or not... but if this trend keeps up, wouldn't she be a likely victim?

You think Black Canary will die in this series because she is Green Arrow's "ex"?

The killer is only killing non-metas. So I doubt Black Canary would even be considered on the list. I was thinking more like Lois Lane.

You think Black Canary will die in this series because she is Green Arrow's "ex"?

The killer is only killing non-metas. So I doubt Black Canary would even be considered on the list. I was thinking more like Lois Lane.

...or the Kents....

have to say just finished ID#3 and i keep going back to OllIe"People make fun of secret

identities...wondering how we kept them up for so long." IT BECAUSE WE WORKED AT IT (ok whats that all mean). It is called Identity Crisis. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

...or the Kents....

Or Alfred!

But so far the dead are from well known Public identity Heroes!

So how many heroes are publicly known?

...Nah,...Canarys been around since 1947,...and she's hot right now in BOP,...it has to be a major player that could be replaced by a second or partner like Kyle Raynor,...or someone that doesn't have any story-line running like Elongated man or Zatanna,....

You're working in the Marvel Frame of Mind! This is DC, baby! NO ONE IS SAFE!!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Besides, the big draw with this book is a promised "HUGE EVENT"... and Canary IS/WAS a "wife" of Ollie's at one point, wasn't she?

She may be a hot property, but I think the killer's M.O. thus far puts her squarely in the crosshairs. You kill off Zatanna and no one will bat an eye... you kill off Black Canary, and suddenly you've got renewed interest in Green Arrow, high drama in BOP, and the reverberations are felt throughout the rest of the related titles.

And what happened during Kevin Smith's Green Arrow run? Didn't something happen with The Shade and Ollie's secret identity? I don't recall exactly... that was a damned good run, though. Should probably give it another read.

BOC just finished reading all 3 issues & he was impressed. BOC thanks rob, chrisco & deathlok for recommending the series. BOC is curious what else Meltzer has written or is currently writing? BOC is unfamiliar with his name. Did he write the Flash? confused.gif

I think Tim Drake's dad will be a victim. I say this because he is being featured muck like Atom's wife has been.

I was thinking the same thing....

So Far all Robins Parents Have died in a crime..

What if this is a Red Herring to throw us off scent and they kill someone else!

The people Killed had public identities in relation to superheroes.

So the next victim will be related to someone famous im starting to think!!

So I think the next victim will be related to someone famous im starting to think!!

If they stay with that theme, Jimmy is next.

I think it's a mad Luthor behind all of this. He remembers Clark is Superman and has been able to connect the dots.

For instance: Clark and Bruce have connections. Clark works for Bruce in a sense because Bruce owns the Planet. Clark also rents from Bruce as Clark and Lois live in apt. Bruce has a thing for taking down Lex as well. Batman has many toys that only someone with great wealth could afford. Bruce Wayne is Batman.

Lex could go down the line of contacts as President he would have access to files and resources that even as a powerful business man he would not have access too.

So I think the next victim will be related to someone famous im starting to think!!

If they stay with that theme, Jimmy is next.

I think it's a mad Luthor behind all of this. He remembers Clark is Superman and has been able to connect the dots.

For instance: Clark and Bruce have connections. Clark works for Bruce in a sense because Bruce owns the Planet. Clark also rents from Bruce as Clark and Lois live in apt. Bruce has a thing for taking down Lex as well. Batman has many toys that only someone with great wealth could afford. Bruce Wayne is Batman.

Lex could go down the line of contacts as President he would have access to files and resources that even as a powerful business man he would not have access too.

You might have something there regarding Luthor. Remember the Luthor armor (?) from the first issues stakeout. Hmmm 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I am not a DC comics expert so maybe some of you that are can enlighten me on a few things. I just read through ID #3. I liked it, but I am confused. How the heck does Flash survive a sword through the chest? Does he have super healing powers like Wolverine or something? Same thing with that Magic lady. How does she survive having her liver squeezed? Do all DC heroes have super healing powers? confused.gif Also, how could Deathstroke get by GL's protective barrier and break his fingers? I thought his ring prevented anybody from harming him.

I am not a DC comics expert so maybe some of you that are can enlighten me on a few things. I just read through ID #3. I liked it, but I am confused. How the heck does Flash survive a sword through the chest? Does he have super healing powers like Wolverine or something? Same thing with that Magic lady. How does she survive having her liver squeezed? Do all DC heroes have super healing powers? confused.gif Also, how could Deathstroke get by GL's protective barrier and break his fingers? I thought his ring prevented anybody from harming him.

Flash: I am guessing his metabolism causes quicker healing as well

Zatanna: Don't know

GL: Since it's based on will power, I think seeing the League taken down so quickly rattled him. Of course, I would think the ring WOULD have an automatic barrier regardless. GL fans want to comment?

Flash: I am guessing his metabolism causes quicker healing as well

Zatanna: Don't know

GL: Since it's based on will power, I think seeing the League taken down so quickly rattled him. Of course, I would think the ring WOULD have an automatic barrier regardless. GL fans want to comment?

The ring Kyle wears is alot different than all the ones Haland the rest of the Corps wore. It doesn't have a "yellow" weakness, it doens't need a 24-hour charge, and it doesn't protect its wearer from mortal harm. So there was no "protective barrier" that Seathstroke needed to get through.

For Zatanna, I think DS basically hit a pressure point, so no permanet damage done.

As for Flash... confused-smiley-013.gif I'd have to second your "speeded-up metabolism" theory.