• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Will Marvel Sue Blockbuster?

13 posts in this topic

(or do they own Blockbuster)

An ad for Blockbuster Video - you know - the folks who maintain high moral standards by offering edited-for-Blockbuster movies that remove the things BB doesn;t deem suitable for the rest of us....

ANYWAY - an ad for Blockbuster has some guy saying "You win a no-prize". So does Marvel have the copyright to No-Prize and if so...will they seek restitution?

thats interesting...hard to imagine though that anyone could have a trade mark on "no-prize"! confused-smiley-013.gif But of course anything is possible! insane.gif

An ad for Blockbuster Video - you know - the folks who maintain high moral standards by offering edited-for-Blockbuster movies that remove the things BB doesn;t deem suitable for the rest of us....

ANYWAY - an ad for Blockbuster has some guy saying "You win a no-prize". So does Marvel have the copyright to No-Prize and if so...will they seek restitution?

Lord only knows whether Stan invented the term or got it from somewhere else. confused-smiley-013.gif

Lord only knows whether Stan invented the term or got it from somewhere else. confused-smiley-013.gif

As it was a published title - No-Prize - I was really just curious. Usually an ad on tv is only seen when I am on the computer - no Tivo to FF through the ads! So when I heard "No-Prize my ears perked up!

Did I miss the part where they held a gun to your geriatric head and forced you to watch their version? Damn them for giving people a choice. 893frustrated.gif

Did I miss the part where they held a gun to your geriatric head and forced you to watch their version? Damn them for giving people a choice. 893frustrated.gif

Problem is that if a film is found objectionable enough to edit out objectionable parts, then why even bother to increase that film's profits by making it rentable?

And I have another problem. What if people rent the edited version, then later on rent an - unknown to them - UNedited version?

The whole concept is 893frustrated.gif

Problem is that if a film is found objectionable enough to edit out objectionable parts, then why even bother to increase that film's profits by making it rentable?

And I have another problem. What if people rent the edited version, then later on rent an - unknown to them - UNedited version?

The whole concept is 893frustrated.gif

here we are 893frustrated.gif893blahblah.gif about content ? 893whatthe.gif27_laughing.gif