• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Five Ghosts
1 1

3,680 posts in this topic

Originally Posted By: Frank J. Barbiere

Hey guys,

Not to be trolling, but I wanted to clarify some speculation:

I printed 210 copies of the ECCC variant. I gave Chris about 3, gave some to my family, and sold two unnumbered.

At the show I believe I sold two "stacks" of unnumbered issues (10 in a stack). Then only a few people asked me not to number them. I"m guessing there are about 35-40 unnumbered in the wild. That's it.

The "crown jewel" of rare Five Ghosts stuff is going to be the self-released version from NYCC. This version is distinguishable by NOT HAVING THE BLUE CIRCLE WITH ONE OF FIVE, being "oversized" and on yellowish/newsprint paper. There were only about 60 of these. I don't even have one!

Hope that clarifies! If anyone has questions, let me know. Chris and I will be appearing at C2E2 together at a table, and if you're in NJ, I'll be at the Asbury Park Comic Con this weekend (Saturday the 30th).

Thanks again for your excitement and interest in the book! I'd recommend picking up a second printing of #1 on April 17th as it's a low print run and has an exclusive cover!

I feel like squealing everything I know about issue #2....but that would suck for those that haven't read it yet. Spoilers are just no good for some folks....so I'll reserve discussion for when the proper issue comes out tomorrow and others have had an opportunity to read it. I already asked Frank if there was anything he didn't want leaked, and honestly he didn't seem to worry about that...

But I know how folks are, so you'll have to wait in suspense. :)

BTW: Larry, are you pumping....pumping....PUMPING....? LMAO! :wink:

FTR: I love your pumps L-man. :)

Six-page preview of issue two is live here:

http://t.co/5L5v5bImr3

Minor spoilers for those who would rather wait! ;)

Hope you guys enjoy tomorrow!

It looks very cool and I really can't wait to read it. You guys have done a fantastic job. The story and the art are kind of throwback which I wish there was more of today.

I've been out of the market for a while and I have a couple of questions if you have the time.

What other stuff have you written or have upcoming and is there any chance you will continue this story after number 5 ?

thanks for your time.

I have noticed not there are not a lot of the 1b's in stores, grabbed what i could. These might be the one to get, definitely doing a SS on them in Chicago.

D, did you check midtown TSQ? they had at least 30 copies out this morning

Took 5 from there and cleaned out the Downtown one.