• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Five Ghosts
1 1

3,680 posts in this topic

Honestly whoever those folks are that are out selling these uber rare variants are going to regret not holding onto them. There are 50 total....not even 100.

Singularly, the ECCC was going for upwards of $315. These are even more rare than that. Valuing each issue at $100 is significantly underestimating the secondary market value of these sets ITF. I understand the flipper desire for fast cash but IMHO these sets are close to pricless. Heck...an ECCC sold in June for $203...and it's honestly a horrible market right now. To hold that kind of value in the worst season is a great indicator of staying power.

BTW: That "small ding" could easily be pressed out. The white spine looks very forgiving with relation to CBT.

"...IMHO these sets are close to priceless."

+1

There are 4 offers currently pending. I think people realize that if they don't get a set soon they might not get another chance at one.

Anyone have a pic of the hand numbered case Frank was talking about? Not sure if I've seen that yet.

One of those offers is mine, but have not heard anything back for about 4 hours now. Heck, can't believe anyone is selling. I want a set BAD for the PC, but not $499.99 bad. That could get some nice modern OA for that price.

Thought people in the North Jersey area would like to know that there is a book signing by Frank Barbiere in Wayne on the 31.

awwww yeah!!!!

Do I smell boardie get-together with copious drinks afterwards? :wink:

Thought people in the North Jersey area would like to know that there is a book signing by Frank Barbiere in Wayne on the 31.

awwww yeah!!!!

Naw thats just me. I farted

awwww yeah!!!!

Naw thats just me. I farted

Oh man, my mouth was open.

Just curious if you feel like sharing what did you offer?

Dont tell him. He will just offer five bucks more.

Haha i already put in an offer so i cant offer again till he rejects it i was just curious

Hey guys,

Just an update about the envelopes--

They were actually way too small, so instead of cramming the books into them and possibly dinging up the books I pretty much abandoned that idea.

During the first signing I didn't give the envelopes out, but I slipped them into the sets I sold on Sunday. Hopefully that doesn't annoy anyone, but it was literally just a piece of white paper with the logo printed on them, so I hope no one feels left out!

Also, yes--I will be at Zapp Comics in Wayne, NJ to celebrate the release of issue 5! I'll have Phantom Variants and be signing whatever you bring! Looking forward to it.

Best,

Frank

Haha i already put in an offer so i cant offer again till he rejects it i was just curious

Well, then, what did you offer?

Hey guys,

They were actually way too small, so instead of cramming the books into them and possibly dinging up the books I pretty much abandoned that idea.

During the first signing I didn't give the envelopes out, but I slipped them into the sets I sold on Sunday. Hopefully that doesn't annoy anyone, but it was literally just a piece of white paper with the logo printed on them, so I hope no one feels left out!

Also, yes--I will be at Zapp Comics in Wayne, NJ to celebrate the release of issue 5! I'll have Phantom Variants and be signing whatever you bring! Looking forward to it.

Best,

Frank

Thanks Frank!!!! Do you have the rest of your 2013 convention schedule posted anywhere?

Edited by THB

Hey guys,

Best,

Frank

Rip off!

:baiting:

Great seeing you again, Frank. The sets were fantastic. Really sharp looking. Although I still think you could have made 100 of them and still sold out, no problem. 50 is just a crazy small number.

Looking forward to NYCC!

I offered $350 feel free to offer $355 haha

I offered $350 feel free to offer $355 haha

If I didn't already have a set, I'd have no problem paying $350 for one given how limited they are. And I'm not a Registry guy. I would normally only spend that much on OA for something new. I imagine $350 for this set would be a no-brainer for Registry guys. Anyway, good luck!