• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Five Ghosts
1 1

3,680 posts in this topic

Anyone heard any guarantees that there will never be more than 50 of the comics that were sold at SDCC

60 sets were printed - Frank and Chris each kept 5.

So...other than Frank's word on this...what other kind of "guarantee" are you looking for...?

just word that image won't open the flood gates and print any more.....but Frank saying that is good enough for me. I hadn't seen where he stated that previously.

Edited by krighton

I assure you the book will be out in a timely manner. We'll be back in October and hopefully run straight through 13 before we break for trade, and even still will only break for a month.

As long as all of our readers don't abandon us ;).

Really looking forward to our October issue! I'll share some preview stuff as the weeks go by, but I think it's a great jumping on point as well as a treat for those who've been with us all along.

GREAT NEWS CAN WE EXPECT SOMTHING FOR NY COMIC CON ?

Frank mentioned this a little while back. Found it for ya (thumbs u :

I will most certainly be looking to do cool exclusives for the shows I do in the near future.

I apologize that the set was hard to get, but I will definitely try to make a print set of the images for the future, as well as something equally rare and fun for NYCC. Hope those who got it enjoy, I think they printed really well and the cover stock was great!

-Frank

Thanks Machiavelli

missed that can't wait for NYCC

That's one ash-kicking ashcan brotha!!!!! As far as 60 being out there.....I'd say there are less. They may have been printed up, but who knows what happened to them. During the time Frank and Chris were soliciting publishers I'm sure some folks that they got handed to didn't know or appreciate what they had and stuffed these things in the circular file or worse.

Even if they kept them, it's questionable what shape they're in.

You've got a little piece of five ghosts history there that's hard to capture....grade notwithstanding.....it's rare in EVERY grade!

I really don't remember how many we printed up for NYCC 2012. I want to say no more than a hundred, but even that may be more than what we actually did (Frank would know, he's my Rain Man when it comes to this stuff). But it's been so long, and so much has happened since then that it's hard for me to remember. We did sell out during the first two days of the show, though. That's when Frank and I realized we had something special on our hands. Of course, we had no idea it would get as much attention as it has (thanks in large part to you guys). Anyway, it's good to know people out there held on to them.

Also, you guys are going to love #6, and I think it'll be worth the wait. Garry is producing some beautiful work on this one.

Frank did a great job, too, I suppose. :)

Also, also: for anyone coming out to Wizard World Chicago next weekend, I'll be at Table B31, next to some guy named Chris Claremont. Stop by and say hello!

I just looked at the original order I placed for NYCC, and we actually only had SIXTY (60) of the NYCC self-published version. So that's the official word on that--there are 60 of those out there.

Also, I will NEVER be printing the SDCC set again. Maybe we'll use the images again for prints, but never do the set again. The fun of doing these exclusives is to keep them exclusive! But we'll definitely have something fun and rare for NYCC--I'll let you guys know when we get to it.

I just looked at the original order I placed for NYCC, and we actually only had SIXTY (60) of the NYCC self-published version. So that's the official word on that--there are 60 of those out there.

Also, I will NEVER be printing the SDCC set again. Maybe we'll use the images again for prints, but never do the set again. The fun of doing these exclusives is to keep them exclusive! But we'll definitely have something fun and rare for NYCC--I'll let you guys know when we get to it.

This is an example of doing it right.. Take notes other writers/publishers :)

Hmm. I was trying to figure out why I love this series.

Awesome story... check

Awesome(inspiring) art... check

Exclusives that are really exclusive... check

Both creators taking the time to keep these crazy boardies updated/informed... check

Announced ongoing... check

Commitment to not take huge breaks... check

NO TV/MOVIE Hype(yet)... check

Figured it out.

Are there a lot of other books out there that meet all these??

Hmm. I was trying to figure out why I love this series.

Awesome story... check

Awesome(inspiring) art... check

Exclusives that are really exclusive... check

Both creators taking the time to keep these crazy boardies updated/informed... check

Announced ongoing... check

Commitment to not take huge breaks... check

NO TV/MOVIE Hype(yet)... check

Figured it out.

Are there a lot of other books out there that meet all these??

^^

awesome....many publishers, creators, could take a clue from your stance on true rarity

Edited by krighton