• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Five Ghosts
1 1

3,680 posts in this topic

I still want the Ashcan and the Kickstarter

Aren't they the same thing? I thought it was just the NYCC and the SDCC ashcans...

You're correct. Which is good news, only means there is one single issue I don't have.

Looked in my messages with Frank and he believes they only printed 60.

Still more than the SDCC Sketch Set :D

Aren't they the same thing? I thought it was just the NYCC and the SDCC ashcans...

You're correct. Which is good news, only means there is one single issue I don't have.

I've seen one ashcan; I think someone posted a pic on this thread a while back... I'd love to get one, but have yet to see one for sale. If I recall correctly, Frank did say he'd found the invoice and 60 were printed, of which he kept zero copies for himself. So yup, that makes the SDCC set the scarcer. By the way, your collection of them is insanely awesome!

The difference is that the SDCC was sought after actively and folks preserved those copies. I betcha dimes to donuts that the "kickstarter" ashcan and the ashcan proper were beaten like red-headed stepchildren and lost in space.

There are going to be far fewer in acceptable condition as a result. Even the two I possess have seen better days. Been reluctant to get them pressed because of the special inks and paper used. Gonna have to find someone that has mad skills in that department before I get them slabbed.

$35 is some stout shipping heh. Won't they all fit nicely in a medium priority mail box?

No - please don't send slabs in the medium priority mail box.

+1.

I would cry to see those 5 come in one medium priority box. Literally cry.

I didn't say just throw them in there loose... *rolls eyes*

The first SS set I bought from a noted CGC boardie came that way, he had them well packed and they got here safe and sound. *Shrugs.

Edited by ZaCrew

The first SS set I bought from a noted CGC boardie came that way, he had them well packed and they got here safe and sound. *Shrugs.

Fair enough.

Noted boardie is a key part of that equation.

The medium priority flat rate box isn't tall enough - you can fit the slabs in there, but you won't be able to protect the top & bottom of them properly.

There's no substitute for the 1092 + 1095 combo when it comes to shipping slabs safely.

The medium priority flat rate box isn't tall enough - you can fit the slabs in there, but you won't be able to protect the top & bottom of them properly.

There's no substitute for the 1092 + 1095 combo when it comes to shipping slabs safely.

I have stolen this packing method like a thief in the night from Michael and it has worked very well for me.