• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Five Ghosts
1 1

3,680 posts in this topic

Ya... I really wanted this book and kinda had a nuclear snipe set for 3 sec to go.

:applause:

Congrats Za!!! :hi: Big winna on that one. I think you made the right call as I doubt one will be hitting the bay for a very, very long time (if ever). It's good to know a fan got to pick it up. I half expected some wealthy half fan to snatch it up and lock it away in a vault.

You got the cream of the crop of this series that's for sure. Congrats again!

Ya... I really wanted this book and kinda had a nuclear snipe set for 3 sec to go.

:applause:

Congrats Za!!! :hi: Big winna on that one. I think you made the right call as I doubt one will be hitting the bay for a very, very long time (if ever). It's good to know a fan got to pick it up. I half expected some wealthy half fan to snatch it up and lock it away in a vault.

You got the cream of the crop of this series that's for sure. Congrats again!

Jealousy doesn't begin to describe my feelings. This is on my shortlist of items I feel I must have for my collection. Timing is everything. I have spent about $3000 on comics the last 6 weeks. If this had gone up at the end of September Za Crew and I would have done the "Man Dance" (Way of Gun reference...and if you have not seen the Movie I highly suggest a viewing of the opening scene if nothing else). Either way I must congratulate you. Just an awesome piece. This comic is just so much fun. It reminds me of the old "serial" TV adventures that I would go watch on Saturday Afternoon at the local Movie Theater.

I just read #6 again and I liked it better the 2nd time. Frank's storytelling is top notch as always and the art fits. I love Chris' art and associate it with the book so it's hard not to compare. I think Garry's splash pages and cover are fantastic. I prefer Chris' stuff a little more and that's not a knock on Garry.

I liked the one and done book. That is so rare anymore but it was very refreshing. It took me back to the old days and reading Conan. The book had a beginning, middle,and end and didn't need 5 issues to tell the story. Bravo Frank :applause:

Edited by The Authority

I just read #6 again and I liked it better the 2nd time. Frank's storytelling is top notch as always and the art fits. I love Chris' art and associate it with the book so it's hard not to compare. I think Garry's splash pages and cover are fantastic. I prefer Chris' stuff a little more and that's not a knock on Garry.

I liked the one and done book. That is so rare anymore but it was very refreshing. It took me back to the old days and reading Conan. The book had a beginning, middle,and end and didn't need 5 issues to tell the story. Bravo Frank :applause:

Yep, couldn't agree more! That is why is found the writing in the one to be top notch. It's difficult to write a quality (beginning, middle and end) story with only 24 pages.

:golfclap:

Yep, couldn't agree more! That is why is found the writing in the one to be top notch. It's difficult to write a quality (beginning, middle and end) story with only 24 pages.

:golfclap:

Yeah, it must be because it rarely happens anymore. I can't believe that book was only 24 pages. Makes it all the better. You definitely get your money's worth.

Re: The Third Eye Exclusive & Phantom #6

We didn't want to have competing covers in the same market. The covers are DIFFERENT, however--the Third Eye cover has the logo on the candy, and the Phantom Variant has the Phantom logo on the candy.

The Third Eye Print run was *slightly* smaller than the Phantom print run, FYI.

Haven't read this series yet, but I just got back issues due to this thread and can't wait. Also, I loved that cover when I saw it at my LCS and was talking to the manager about it for a while, between here and that cover it made me finally decide to jump on board. The preview artwork for the upcoming issue also helped, it looked great.

I'm excited for you man make sure you post scans by the way how do you post scans I can't seem to figure it out

Two ways. Copy the image url from the internet. (right click for me) Paste in the Image URL which is the third icon of the above bar to reply.

Second scan and put into photobucket. Paste the image url in the icon as above.