• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is anyone else as excited as I am for AVP?

84 posts in this topic

I can't decide. It'll be cool to see them battle on the big screen, and I think I'll check it out (free ticket w/ Predator Collectors Edition DVD).

Couldn't help but cringe watching the commercial where an Alien squirts acid from it's tail. WTF????

I hope that we do get to see an Alien chest-burst out of a Predator though. I'd like to see how different that Alien species would be from the "human Alien".

Predators should win pretty easily though. Aliens only have numbers going for them.

I hope that we do get to see an Alien chest-burst out of a Predator though. I'd like to see how different that Alien species would be from the "human Alien".

Shouldn't be any different at all. The host is just for protection and food; I've seen no indication the alien shares DNA with the host. It's somewhat like the way flies lay their eggs on dead bodies; it doesn't matter what species the body is, the end result of the maggots is still a normal fly.

I really can't wait!! I love PREDATOR! I hope he KILLS all those Aliens! I was looking at the ebay sales for the movie props, some very cool stuff . . .

I'm definitely looking forward to it. My guess is that it will be not quite as good as Alien 1, Aliens, or Predator, but better than Alien 3, Alien 4, and Predator 2.

Screw any plot. Just show me cool monsters fighting! Haha!

I agree wholeheartedly!!! As ludicrous as the acting and direction in the movie was, I also enjoyed Starship Troopers just for the special effects of the monsters fighting. When I'm going into a film for pure entertainment, I turn off most of my critical ability to dissect a film...if I let that go unchecked, I'd end up like Joe_C and dislike most of the films out there. What fun is THAT?!?! confused-smiley-013.gif

Shouldn't be any different at all. The host is just for protection and food; I've seen no indication the alien shares DNA with the host. It's somewhat like the way flies lay their eggs on dead bodies; it doesn't matter what species the body is, the end result of the maggots is still a normal fly.

Hmmm....I thought that it was mentioned (or possibly hinted) that the Alien in A3 was slightly different as it was hosted by the dog.

Maybe I'm just imagining things, but it did seem to be different than in the previous movies. Maybe just director's choice. confused-smiley-013.gif

Trust me when I tell you NO ONE on this planet is more excited than Shawn C, our modern CGC grader. In the grading room he talks of little else, not to mention the dozens of internet previews he's been playing on the computer for the last month! 893whatthe.gif

West

Trust me when I tell you NO ONE on this planet is more excited than Shawn C, our modern CGC grader. In the grading room he talks of little else, not to mention the dozens of internet previews he's been playing on the computer for the last month! 893whatthe.gif

West

Shaw was telling me about his Aliens obsession in NYC this past Jan over a few beers - PREDATOR RULES Shawn!

Yup, Yup . . .

DAM

Although I am looking forward to seeing AVP. It's never a good sign when you take two R-rated franchises, then when you combine them into one movie you make that movie PG-13. Something just isn't quite right.

Just checked out some of the "Alien" message boards, and from what I gather form the Alien-geeks (as opposed to us "cool people" over here tongue.gif), is that the Alien does take on characteristics of the host species.

That is why the Alien in A3 moved mostly on all fours (as it came from a dog), as opposed to the Aliens fromt he other movies which walked upright.

I haven't been able to locate anything (from writers, directors, etc...) to verify this theory. Just speculation from 'fanboys', so take it for what it's worth.

I guess we find out tomorrow. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Just checked out some of the "Alien" message boards, and from what I gather form the Alien-geeks (as opposed to us "cool people" over here tongue.gif), is that the Alien does take on characteristics of the host species.

That is why the Alien in A3 moved mostly on all fours (as it came from a dog), as opposed to the Aliens fromt he other movies which walked upright.

I haven't been able to locate anything (from writers, directors, etc...) to verify this theory. Just speculation from 'fanboys', so take it for what it's worth.

The Alien 3 novelization mentions this "taking on the characteristics of its host" aspect, so it's more than just fanboy speculation.

Alan

I really can't wait!! I love PREDATOR! I hope he KILLS all those Aliens! I was looking at the ebay sales for the movie props, some very cool stuff . . .

DAM

yes big time. talked to Lance Henderikson at Wonder Con. Craked him up,

The Brain: "Watchin 'Stone Cold' the other night i noticed two things about your career, one

you wear the coolest sun-glasses, (he smiles),and two you do BAD GOOD ",

big laughter.

I saw a another commercial for this and they added a few more of the fight scene's and it just looks awesome. Does Arnold have a cameo in this picture?

no Arnold is to busy being the Govenater of Califorina. 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gifmakepoint.gif