• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is anyone else as excited as I am for AVP?

84 posts in this topic

I really can't wait!! I love PREDATOR! I hope he KILLS all those Aliens! I was looking at the ebay sales for the movie props, some very cool stuff . . .

I'm definitely looking forward to it. My guess is that it will be not quite as good as Alien 1, Aliens, or Predator, but better than Alien 3, Alien 4, and Predator 2.

Pretty much sums it up for me.. altho I liked Alien 3.. Fincher is a cool director.. he also did Seven and Panic Room

I saw a another commercial for this and they added a few more of the fight scene's and it just looks awesome. Does Arnold have a cameo in this picture?

no Arnold is to busy being the Govenater of Califorina. 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gifmakepoint.gif

I canm picture him saying "Caliiii-forneea" 27_laughing.gif

The Alien 3 novelization mentions this "taking on the characteristics of its host" aspect, so it's more than just fanboy speculation.

The videogames have taken this aspect as well....

Jim

I saw a another commercial for this and they added a few more of the fight scene's and it just looks awesome. Does Arnold have a cameo in this picture?

no Arnold is to busy being the Govenater of Califorina. 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gifmakepoint.gif

I canm picture him saying "Caliiii-forneea" 27_laughing.gif

more like KALIE-FHORN-YEAH 27_laughing.gifsign-funnypost.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif Hey guys, just got back from Chicago, STILL haven't seen the movie yet! Damn on-site grading!!! We were soooo busy, I didn't get a chance to do ANYTHING. Buuuut....I'm going tonight so I'm sure I'll start a thread tomorrow morning honoring the greatness of the Alien species...

893applaud-thumb.gif Hey guys, just got back from Chicago, STILL haven't seen the movie yet! Damn on-site grading!!! We were soooo busy, I didn't get a chance to do ANYTHING. Buuuut....I'm going tonight so I'm sure I'll start a thread tomorrow morning honoring the greatness of the Alien species...
I cannot wait for this film to come to England.

I want Predators to win. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Predators!?!? makepoint.gifdoh!! As much as I'd hate to admit it, I think you're right. I think the Aliens were just used as cattle in this one....lined up for the slaughter.

Predators!?!? makepoint.gifdoh!! As much as I'd hate to admit it, I think you're right. I think the Aliens were just used as cattle in this one....lined up for the slaughter.
If this film does well then Alien 5, Predator 3 and AVP 2 might be made.

Hope i do get to see some more of the series for the films.

Rumours going around the internet are saying that in AVP 2 (if it is made) there will be a hybrid called a predalien or something like that.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I'm finding the reviews on AVP really annoying. Shouldn't the critics be watching Oscar-type films? Why are they criticizing this one? Has anyone seen it that thinks it's that bad? I'm just curious, I know I'm seeing it tonight and all, but I'm impatient. Maybe Borock will give me half of the day off today to see it..... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

If this film does well then Alien 4, Predator 3 and AVP 2 might be made.

Rumours going around the internet are saying that in AVP 2 (if it is made) there will be a hybrid called a predalien or something like that.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Ummmm.... can we count? stooges.gif

Alien 4 was Alien: Resurrection. Or we can forget that one was made (highly preferable!!!!) thumbsup2.gif

If this film does well then Alien 4, Predator 3 and AVP 2 might be made.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Ummmm.... can we count? stooges.gif

Alien 4 was Alien: Resurrection. Or we can forget that one was made (highly preferable!!!!) thumbsup2.gif

foreheadslap.gif

Sorry typo.

I'm finding the reviews on AVP really annoying. Shouldn't the critics be watching Oscar-type films? Why are they criticizing this one? Has anyone seen it that thinks it's that bad?

If you're a fan of the Aliens and Predator movies, then get ready for a huge crapfest all across the better films. I'll leave it at that, but even a casual fan should be able to list 10-20 major inconsistencies and outright hack jobs.

If you're a 13-year old with no knowledge of the previous movies, and thinks the WWF is real, then you'll have a hoot of a time.

There's a very real reason they made it PG-13.