• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is anyone else as excited as I am for AVP?

84 posts in this topic

Cream of the Crop: 5%. 893whatthe.gif

You guys may get on me about slamming this comic book movie or that, but AvP is soooo unbelieveably horrible, I can't believe anyone (over the age of 16) would call it a good movie.

AvP makes Daredevil and Punisher look like a Casabalance/Godfather double-bill.

893whatthe.gif

The Punisher was a better movie? 893whatthe.gif

Some of the reviews on Rotten Tomatoes are frikkin' hilarious!

893whatthe.gif

The Punisher was a better movie? 893whatthe.gif

Some of the reviews on Rotten Tomatoes are frikkin' hilarious!

These two are my favorites.....

"Paul Simon and Bob Dylan. Elton John and Billy Joel. Alien vs. Predator is just another contrived combination of two former chartbusters who perform their greatest hits before coming together for a duet at the end."

-- John Monaghan, DETROIT FREE PRESS

"In space, no one can hear you scream. On Earth, everyone can hear you snore."

-- Jonathan R. Perry, TYLER MORNING TELEGRAPH (TEXAS)

27_laughing.gif

Good stuff.........

Although I have not seen Catwoman, I could not imagine it being worse than AvP.

Saw both and Catwoman definitely takes the cake, hands-down, for being the worst of the two. There wasn't much of a story for AVP and the movie was relatively short, which was actually good, considering there wasn't much of a story. I definitely wasn't bored watching the 101 minute AVP which counts for something.

I saw it last night..... 893applaud-thumb.gif Coming from a fanboy of both franchises and a reader of the comics, I thought it was awesome. My only two problems were that it was too short and not enough fight scenes (You were right Dave). Other than that, it was exactly what I expected.

I saw it last night..... 893applaud-thumb.gif Coming from a fanboy of both franchises and a reader of the comics, I thought it was awesome. My only two problems were that it was too short and not enough fight scenes (You were right Dave). Other than that, it was exactly what I expected.
Hearing this from another big fanboy i can honestly say i will probably appreciate it to.

893applaud-thumb.gif

One thing I want to bring up - if you buy a collector's edition Predator DVD you get a free ticket to go see AVP. The DVD cost me $22 at Virgin and the special features alone are worth the $$$. Really cool stuff . . . seeing some of the concept drawings for the predator was really cool cloud9.gif

DAM

AVP wasnt that bad but it was very short..and since when is predator a softie..... news.gif

Ummmm...how was he a softie?

Did you see the movie??? Since when does big bad predator make friends with a girl..She shouldve gotten her head chopped off.............. news.gif