• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BOTB Poll on Starpc's Resignation!

Should he stay or should he go?  

207 members have voted

1. 1. Should he stay or should he go?

71 posts in this topic

Wow things sure can go downhill quickly in the Sig Room these days.

Mistakes were made in the now closed thread, apologizes need to be made and maybe we can move forward as a group once again. Isn't the goal of this subforum to help EVERYONE in moving forward in expanding their collections? Screw all of these silly subgroups and clicks or whatever seems to be jokingly going on.

Fred and Jamie are good peoples. Sure their sketch collections are insane and sure some of it should be redistributed to those who are less fortunate to have 1% of the collection that they have (me :insane: ) but I guess the real question is why not just admit a mistake was made and reopen the damn thread in question?

The thread has been reopened BOTB Firestar now stop bumping this crappy drama lama and go post a sweet firestar or iceman sketch :jokealert:

Mistakes were made in the now closed thread, apologizes need to be made and maybe we can move forward as a group once again. Isn't the goal of this subforum to help EVERYONE in moving forward in expanding their collections? Screw all of these silly subgroups and clicks or whatever seems to be jokingly going on.

Fred and Jamie are good peoples. Sure their sketch collections are insane and sure some of it should be redistributed to those who are less fortunate to have 1% of the collection that they have (me :insane: ) but I guess the real question is why not just admit a mistake was made and reopen the damn thread in question?

The thread has been reopened BOTB Firestar now stop bumping this crappy drama lama and go post a sweet firestar or iceman sketch :jokealert:

1 outta 2 ain't bad I guess. :baiting:

I think John would agree :insane:

I think John would agree :insane:

He and Raoul are inconsolable. :cry:

You realize that it has nothing to do with the "rules", right? It's the way they are used and how people choose to interact with people. People have a choice to NOT accuse others of conspiracies to load the ballot. People have a choice to NOT ignore people like they aren't even there. People have a choice to answer someone's questions when they are being subject to arbitrary decisions based on faulty information.

If you think this is simply about voiting, and rules, and who wins and loses some silly category for funny book sketches you are totally missing the point that this is about decency, respect, and being a mature enough adult to realize that you've stepped all over someone, dismissed them, and deemed them unworthy of even a response and then apologizing for the transgression.

For all your worrying about Starpc's feelings and how he's being treated you ran right past the complete dickmove he pulled on Fred and Jamie with the accusations, high horse, ignorance, and finally refusal to own that he screwed this up all on his own and is ANYTHING but a victim.

There is a saying "No matter how flat the pancake there is always another side"

I guess I see it a lot differently than you do.

My Timeline:

1) Contest Starts

2) Jamie, then Fred Enter Contest

3) Starpc determines that they are from the same collection and that he will consider them as one owner. While I don't think it is was worth the argumentation, it was a reasonable interpretation of the rules and a reasonable determination to make because:

- They shared a CAF page

- They share a photobucket

- Jamie's words from pg 7 of the now closed thread "I work hard and these are just as much my sketches as they are Alphas"

- Fred has since said that sketches he has entered multiple times is Jamies

4) Fred Deletes/Hides Caf page

5) Starpc response

I needed to update my caf..... Just did.... So now can ninashinobu enter the romita?

We all know she's your wife and you both have a combined CAF. So no, as per rule 3 you must pick one sketch. You aren't fooling anyone. Don't make me invoke rule 11.

Starpc - this could have been handle better

6) Fred Calls Starpc a Dictator & Jamie Goes OFF

Oh no! The sketch dictator put his foot down.... Ill play your game and go with the romita.

I DEMAND TO BE TAKEN AS AN INDIVIDUAL. HOW DARE YOU INSULT MY INTELLIGENCE. WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE.

AM I SUPPOSE TO STAND BACK AND BE TREAT WITH COMPLETE LACK OF RESPECT. WHAT YEAR ARE WE LIVING IN. I AM NOT OWNED BY MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IM WAITING TO HERE YOUR STUPID PATHETIC REPLY TO THIS. IT BETTER BE GOOD

7) Rather than getting into a yelling match, Starpc closes contest and thread. He does not say anything else from this point.

8) 20 pages of Starpc getting trashed

Starpc may have rushed to judgement, but he certainly doesn't deserve to be absolutely trashed by an angry mob.

If you read his posts he never says anything indecent or disrespectful about anyone. And never specifically ignores Jamie, he chose to walk away after being called names and irrationally yelled at.

I don't think this handle well by anyone involved, but the mob mentality attack on Starpc was completely uncalled for.

You realize that it has nothing to do with the "rules", right? It's the way they are used and how people choose to interact with people. People have a choice to NOT accuse others of conspiracies to load the ballot. People have a choice to NOT ignore people like they aren't even there. People have a choice to answer someone's questions when they are being subject to arbitrary decisions based on faulty information.

If you think this is simply about voiting, and rules, and who wins and loses some silly category for funny book sketches you are totally missing the point that this is about decency, respect, and being a mature enough adult to realize that you've stepped all over someone, dismissed them, and deemed them unworthy of even a response and then apologizing for the transgression.

For all your worrying about Starpc's feelings and how he's being treated you ran right past the complete dickmove he pulled on Fred and Jamie with the accusations, high horse, ignorance, and finally refusal to own that he screwed this up all on his own and is ANYTHING but a victim.

There is a saying "No matter how flat the pancake there is always another side"

I guess I see it a lot differently than you do.

My Timeline:

1) Contest Starts

2) Jamie, then Fred Enter Contest

3) Starpc determines that they are from the same collection and that he will consider them as one owner. While I don't think it is was worth the argumentation, it was a reasonable interpretation of the rules and a reasonable determination to make because:

- They shared a CAF page

- They share a photobucket

- Jamie's words from pg 7 of the now closed thread "I work hard and these are just as much my sketches as they are Alphas"

- Fred has since said that sketches he has entered multiple times is Jamies

4) Fred Deletes/Hides Caf page

5) Starpc response

I needed to update my caf..... Just did.... So now can ninashinobu enter the romita?

We all know she's your wife and you both have a combined CAF. So no, as per rule 3 you must pick one sketch. You aren't fooling anyone. Don't make me invoke rule 11.

Starpc - this could have been handle better

6) Fred Calls Starpc a Dictator & Jamie Goes OFF

Oh no! The sketch dictator put his foot down.... Ill play your game and go with the romita.

I DEMAND TO BE TAKEN AS AN INDIVIDUAL. HOW DARE YOU INSULT MY INTELLIGENCE. WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE.

AM I SUPPOSE TO STAND BACK AND BE TREAT WITH COMPLETE LACK OF RESPECT. WHAT YEAR ARE WE LIVING IN. I AM NOT OWNED BY MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IM WAITING TO HERE YOUR STUPID PATHETIC REPLY TO THIS. IT BETTER BE GOOD

7) Rather than getting into a yelling match, Starpc closes contest and thread. He does not say anything else from this point.

8) 20 pages of Starpc getting trashed

Starpc may have rushed to judgement, but he certainly doesn't deserve to be absolutely trashed by an angry mob.

If you read his posts he never says anything indecent or disrespectful about anyone. And never specifically ignores Jamie, he chose to walk away after being called names and irrationally yelled at.

I don't think this handle well by anyone involved, but the mob mentality attack on Starpc was completely uncalled for.

This is also how I see it. I like Fred I am getting two sketches for Fred on Friday! I do not think I have ever spoken to Jamie I am thinking he got two because one is indeed for her, so I believe she maintains her own collection.

I try to like everyone lol anyhow... it is true that no matter what someone will be upset.

So many things can be cleared up by a real conversation, not a chat board, but if anyone is upset enough to post things that have been posted why not ask someone on a real level to get their phone number and speak to them.

I have said my peace I agree the horse is dead now, and will respectfully not comment on the matter any longer.

I think it's very simple. You have two different people, two different sketches, so they should have been two different entries. It shouldn't matter if the two sketches were from the same collection or not. It's obvious the collection is owned by two separate individuals.

Plus, it's not like this was something of great merit to argue over... Desert Wind Comics wasn't even involved.

Jamie asked, several times for an explanation and Starpc chose to post messages to other people, start other threads, and PM with Fred, when he could have simply answered the question.

Then he returned and said he did "say" anything about Jamie and asked what this was all about.

Then what it was all about was posted and it was met with silence.

When adults have problems with other adults they discuss it like adults. They don't pretend they can't hear the other person talking, then leave the thread, then discuss it with everyone but that person unless, of course, they are trying to set them off or is simply doesn't respect that person enough to give them a simple answer.

Some people might have trashed Starpc. I simply answered his question about why people might think this was a completely rude thing to do and that his avoidance of the thread and complete refusal to apologize to Jamie for the way he did it was making it much much worse than it would have been if he had simply manned up and admitted the mistake.

We just see it differently.

It may have not been how I would have handled it, but I can understand why he wouldn't want to argue with people that called him a dictator and yelled at him and just decided to walk away from the situation instead.

Adults may talk things out. But when Adults are name calling and yelling not much usually gets resolved.

About side PMs and I can't speak to those.

What about people with multiple personalities? Can they enter two sketches from the same CAF?

half_zps6989176b.jpg

Stay out of my Photobucket. That "Me Gettin' RedE Fo Da Manhole" album is for personal use only.

We just see it differently.

It may have not been how I would have handled it, but I can understand why he wouldn't want to argue with people that called him a dictator and yelled at him and just decided to walk away from the situation instead.

Adults may talk things out. But when Adults are name calling and yelling not much usually gets resolved.

About side PMs and I can't speak to those.

The PMs were posted to the thread too.

It seemed pretty obvious from the posts and the PMs he knew exactly what happened, knew Jamie was upset, knew why, and chose to ignore it, and her.

Pretty much defiance and deflection.

Made it 10 times worse, really.

Whether or not Starpc was afraid of confrontation of someone who is angry at him, he chose to make a "ruling" and chose to enforce something that was questionable at best. I don't think whether or not he wants to deal with something he ignited relieves him of having it be on him to make it right when it was clearly handled in a way that was not right.

It's the way it was handled. and the extreme high horse being employed, that has people annoyed, frankly.

What about people with multiple personalities? Can they enter two sketches from the same CAF?

half_zps6989176b.jpg

Stay out of my Photobucket. That "Me Gettin' RedE Fo Da Manhole" album is for personal use only.

I'm not here to judge you. :foryou: