• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I am gone and won't be back

470 posts in this topic

I already got my eBay machine going.

I have my stocks, Trust Funds,

about 300,000 Silver age comics,

good spouse, children. Sports cards, baseball memorabilia,

posters, coins, trophies from Poker,

new vehicles every year, true and real friends in real life.

I already have anything I could want.

CAL

thats quite aspecific list of stuff.

Who was CAL anyway?

Sounds like a Showcase Dan boast list.

So does anybody know who Cal was/is??

Someone must know...

Why couldn't this thread have been about you leaving. hi.gif

Patience young grasshopper....patience... hi.gif

I thought you were going to Chicago.

893naughty-thumb.gif

Let me start with...YIKES!!!!

I just got here yesterday, and today read THIS. The more disturbing thing are some of the responses to this mans exodus, kind of makes a point to a new viewer frown.gif

I'd been told by quite a few collectors I know to not bother joining these boards, given the childish and vituperative commentary that all too often frequents them. I stayed away for a while because of that, and 1 day into my joining...ONE DAY and those very rumors seem to be vastly true.

Having disagreements is common, and expected, but the vitriol and simply cruel behaviour demostrated in this post is bothersome, VERY! Add to it the guy called out what seems to be a board moderator? that's MOD-ERA-TOR??? what's that about? that is odd and to me, a reason for concern and doubt.

Sorry to be so opinionated, but these boards DO have a bad rap folks, perhaps its time to face that reality and try changing it...PERMENANTLY sign-rantpost.gif

I just got here yesterday, and today read THIS. The more disturbing thing are some of the responses to this mans exodus, kind of makes a point to a new viewer frown.gif

I'd been told by quite a few collectors I know to not bother joining these boards, given the childish and vituperative commentary that all too often frequents them. I stayed away for a while because of that, and 1 day into my joining...ONE DAY and those very rumors seem to be vastly true.

Having disagreements is common, and expected, but the vitriol and simply cruel behaviour demostrated in this post is bothersome, VERY! Add to it the guy called out what seems to be a board moderator? that's MOD-ERA-TOR??? what's that about? that is odd and to me, a reason for concern and doubt.

Sorry to be so opinionated, but these boards DO have a bad rap folks, perhaps its time to face that reality and try changing it...PERMENANTLY sign-rantpost.gif

you may be right . but to some of use this was a 2 week break-down that HAS changed the land-scape. it not all bad , to stay or go is always Your choice.

you may be right . but to some of use this was a 2 week break-down that HAS changed the land-scape. it not all bad , to stay or go is always Your choice.

The Brain speaks truth. thumbsup2.gif

A bad rep with whom exactly?

and to answer that comment for many of us, who cares? We're not some for profit endeavor here... this is a loosely assembled ad hoc discussion group. no more no less. The information passed around is worth repeated visits by all the regulars. If it werent there would just be a handful of bozos goofing off with one another and nothing more.

Try to take it for what it IS, not what you or them think it ought to be.

I think what is happenning is that this little party has gone on now for sufficient time that it is intimidating for newcomers. It must seem like a closed party. Far from it. but new folks expect a genteel sewing club or a church atmosphere or something. Why is that? Why would anyone immersed in comics collecting who has been to conventions and dealt with comics dealers ever expect an online chat group of same to be some kind of saintly hall of honorable extraordinary gentlemen???

Answer me that one while youre warning us to change our evil ways why dontcha??

Why would anyone immersed in comics collecting who has been to conventions and dealt with comics dealers ever expect an online chat group of same to be some kind of saintly hall of honorable extraordinary gentlemen???

Up against the wall you male Chauvinist PIG! You forgot the honorable extraordinary WOMEN!

mad.gif man, I tell you! The insensitivity around here...... mad.gif

893naughty-thumb.gif

hi.gif

shoot - - Joanna will have my bells for this one owwwch!

Ooohhhhh my yes! 27_laughing.gif

I feel for ya, Aman. I really really DO! frown.gif

...she ever let you hold yours anymore Pov?,...like on holidays or your birthday maybe?....

A bad rep with whom exactly?

and to answer that comment for many of us, who cares? We're not some for profit endeavor here... this is a loosely assembled ad hoc discussion group. no more no less. The information passed around is worth repeated visits by all the regulars. If it werent there would just be a handful of bozos goofing off with one another and nothing more.

Try to take it for what it IS, not what you or them think it ought to be.

I think what is happenning is that this little party has gone on now for sufficient time that it is intimidating for newcomers. It must seem like a closed party. Far from it. but new folks expect a genteel sewing club or a church atmosphere or something. Why is that? Why would anyone immersed in comics collecting who has been to conventions and dealt with comics dealers ever expect an online chat group of same to be some kind of saintly hall of honorable extraordinary gentlemen???

Answer me that one while youre warning us to change our evil ways why dontcha??

893applaud-thumb.gif