• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is the rarest - Kirby inked OR pencilled pages?

22 posts in this topic

I love this topic...especially about Kirby. There is a great new website www.comicartdb.com that I use to check things like this. So far the oldest Kirby FF page in the database is from issue #20 but I am watching to see if anyone posts older FF pages because I would love to know what is oldest FF pages that exist and which ones were destroyed. No one for sure seems to know. The oldest covers for sure are believed destroyed.

The site does have many Kirby pages from the 50's...but I am monitoring for the post 1961 stuff.

WOW - thanks so much for the cool link! I'll have to spend some time there very soon. Looks fantastic!

I still think Kirby inks are probably the rarest as there doesn't seem to be many examples on the market.

I love this topic...especially about Kirby. There is a great new website www.comicartdb.com that I use to check things like this. So far the oldest Kirby FF page in the database is from issue #20 but I am watching to see if anyone posts older FF pages because I would love to know what is oldest FF pages that exist and which ones were destroyed. No one for sure seems to know. The oldest covers for sure are believed destroyed.

The site does have many Kirby pages from the 50's...but I am monitoring for the post 1961 stuff.

WOW - thanks so much for the cool link! I'll have to spend some time there very soon. Looks fantastic!

I still think Kirby inks are probably the rarest as there doesn't seem to be many examples on the market.

I have been reading old posts on Harry Mendryk's Simon & Kirby blog and I must revise my view of Kirby's inking as well as my idea of how many pages are out there. According to hm, Kirby inked a LOT of his own S&K pages throughout the fifties (including pages I always thought were inked by Simon) and a lot of his DC work and even some Atlas work. Much of these originals are probably lost, but a number of the Boys Ranch pages seen on Heritage recently seem like they might have significant amounts of Kirby inkwork on them, if Harry is correct.