• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another buyer to block - X-MENLOVER

34 posts in this topic

Bought a Defenders #10 from me on Jan 30, here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DEFENDERS-10-Thor-vs-Hulk-/190788460017

As is clearly stated in the listing, I was out of state from 1/24 to 2/6, and would not be able to ship until 2/7.

Buyer hits the BIN, and immediately complains:

7.00 shipping seems a little high, especially since I have to wait until at least feb 10 or 11 to receive my book. Doesn't seem fair huh ? I hope my comic is in FN condition than I'll be happy. Next time maybe you should charge a little less on shipping. Take care on your vacation , I hope to see my book soon. X-MENLOVER

Note the veiled threat. "My book better be in at least Fine", even though no specific grade was given ("nice midgrade copy")

Book got an attempted delivery, as promised, on 2/11 (including a weekend in between.)

Buyer leaves feedback yesterday, and leaves a 1 or 2 for both shipping time and charges, despite having all of this information available beforehand.

For those not aware, sellers can ONLY receive 2 low DSRs per YEAR, or they lose their Top-Rated status, and a hefty 20% discount off final value fees.

Also ding'd me on my communication, I guess because I explained how the shipping costs break down, and that postage went up dramatically on Jan 28.

Real class act.

Just tried to block him and I am getting an "Invalid User ID"

Try "Occasional-MenLover" hm

So was the book in at least fine condition or not damnit? :insane:

Don't plan on selling cheap stuff on eBay (less than $50) and expect to keep your top rated/ power seller discount. Sorry but that mess isn't happening with the insufficiently_thoughtful_persons on eBay, some of these turds I think intentionally target top rated sellers to cause them to lose the status.

+1

I sell next to nothing on eBay and even I can see that it's gotta be hard as hell selling fairly cheap raw books without a TON of hassles from that somehow expect to receive a NM book from a "nice mid grade" auction.

Just stick to slabs and only sell cheap raw that are undergraded if dealing with comics.

Selling everything else is pretty easy. I sold off a lot of my plastic crack desk toys this past summer with no problem. I have sold off old clothes, shoes, media, textbooks and everything else without a problem.

I find that Disney collectors are the most annoying. I do. Sorry if that offends anyone. It is only the Disney collectors that have sent me post cards from their vacations and holiday cards after my selling them one item. That stopped after I sternly told them to stop. On the other hand, I did appreciate someone who I sold something to that must have worked for Gillette. They were so happy with their purchase that they later sent me a note thanking me for the item and a new razor with Mach Three Cartridges.

Star Wars collectors can also be a little nutty but that is why I don't sell MOC stuff and i take close pics of the loose stuff I do sell. Let them be the judge.

Selling items is not my line of work. eBay is a way for me to clear away stuff I no longer want in order to get something that I do want. However like I see around here, I treat every package and item with the care that I would want to see my own stuff come in.

Unfortunately there are all over. I imagine that there will be some on this new Amazon thing and some that I see at shows and at the pizza place. It is inevitable that I will come into contact with them.

As I finish this and before I get back to work looking over lots of stooooopid little numbers, I have to say that the one thing that eBay culture has imprinted on me is my distaste in dealing with international sales. That has been my source of stress and this weekend I eliminated all international sales there. It is simply not worth it to me anymore.

Yeah, I used to sell all sorts of stuff on eBay. I always listed the price I charged beforehand, but I still got dinged for shipping costs, even though they knew the costs beforehand. To make matters worse, I usually quoted less than it actually cost to ship the item, so often ended up paying out of my own pocket. I haven't sold since getting dinged as I don't ever plan on offering free shipping on $40 items tha cost $15 to ship.

Personally $7.00 is too expensive to charge for one book. I would love to buy some things from HighGradeComics or Ted's site but that $10.00 shipping turns me off. I cannot justify spending that much for shipping on one or two books.

I think his email to you was to see if you would lower your shipping cost. If these were my auctions, I would try to bury the extra expense in the auction price. It is hard to pad priority shipping, IMO.

Personally $7.00 is too expensive to charge for one book. I would love to buy some things from HighGradeComics or Ted's site but that $10.00 shipping turns me off. I cannot justify spending that much for shipping on one or two books.

I think his email to you was to see if you would lower your shipping cost. If these were my auctions, I would try to bury the extra expense in the auction price. It is hard to pad priority shipping, IMO.

An up to 1 lb. box shipped USPS Priority Mail from West Coast to East Coast is $6.95.

I don't see RMA padding the priority shipping.

Exactly why I won't sell there anymore.

It used to be so wonderful, but it's amazing to see how bad it sucks now.

I guess I'm lucky. I only sell a few things a week or so I never have these nightmare stories of people complaining about shipping or whatnot. The problem I have with Ebay is the cost of doing business there. But, I couldn't do it anywhere else - so whaddya do?

An up to 1 lb. box shipped USPS Priority Mail from West Coast to East Coast is $6.95.

Plus they had already hit the BIN and were clearly not asking to lower the shipping. With everything laid out in the auction and the buyer sees this by their own words and then complains?

Buyer is a whackjob.

+ eBay fee on shipping .77 cents

+ Paypal fee on shipping .18 cents

+ custom cardboard pads .56 cents

:shrug:

Plus they had already hit the BIN and were clearly not asking to lower the shipping. With everything laid out in the auction and the buyer sees this by their own words and then complains?

Buyer is a whackjob.

Serious_Nod_Smiley_by_Mirz123.gif

+ eBay fee on shipping .77 cents

+ Paypal fee on shipping .18 cents

+ custom cardboard pads .56 cents

:shrug:

While I agree $7 is reasonable, let's be clear. Your fees on the shipping aren't really shipping costs in the eyes of a buyer. They're a cost of doing business in the way that Ebay has proscribed. Frankly, I don't think most buyers care about materials to pack either. I understand building it into the charge, but most unsophisticated Ebay buyers don't. I think Ebay should set an overhead % or flat amount on top of the actual shipping cost and have that automatically trigger a 5 star on shipping charges, like they do when it's free.

He left this for feedback: "Nice book! Worth the wait! Thanks!" Odd that he would give you only couple of stars after writing that.
The stars are a way for buyers to think they're getting away with anonymous feedback. IMO, it's punishment more often than not.